• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which of the top 50 WAYWRN posters do you think have bad taste?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
I conclude that 20 odd people think you should wear Ascot's more often.

Either that or they think it was distasteful to bring up this topic and create this poll. They are probably right if the latter, definitely clueless if the former.
wink.gif

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by calisanfran
So Parker wins the best taste poster given he has received least votes in the poll?

You're going to have to create your own poll to answer that. Being the least voted for bad taste =/= being the most voted for good taste. Not sure which is better btw...

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
What is "taste" (to you) anyway? You're just asking if they dress well? Because you can be dressed with taste and never have that little extra making you look good.

Why do you always have to dissect everything into a semantic analysis? It means whatever it means to whoever reads the question
smile.gif

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
You're going to have to create your own poll to answer that. Being the least voted for bad taste =/= being the most voted for good taste. Not sure which is better btw...

When is the good taste poll going up?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I knew I should have posted more pics. I would easily be number one in this contest. LOL!

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tibor
I really don't understand how Tc Houston could even get one vote(even jokingly).

Thanks for the kind words. I'm actually surprised I didn't get more votes.
smile.gif

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Top 10 kitonbrioni 151 Mr. Moo 136 SoCal2NYC 99 NewYorkRanger 71 SkinnyGoomba 51 Connemara 50 PandArts 49 Holdfast 47 mafoofan 43 Neofinitia40

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
What percentage of the people who voted for me based their vote on one particular outfit or one particular sportcoat, I wonder? Or based their vote on their dislike of my "Internet personality"?
devil.gif

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At this point the top 10 should be put up for the bad taste championship. Make it a public poll so we can all insult (er, provide constructive criticism to) each other out in the open.

Also, the same list of 50 should be put up for good taste, followed by the top 10.

Bellum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
What percentage of the people who voted for me based their vote on one particular outfit or one particular sportcoat, I wonder? Or based their vote on their dislike of my "Internet personality"?
devil.gif

To be fair it was more like 5 or 6 outfits in addition to the one you're thinking of, a few pairs of shoes, a deerskin bag, etc, etc.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
At this point the top 10 should be put up for the bad taste championship. Make it a public poll so we can all insult (er, provide constructive criticism to) each other out in the open.

Also, the same list of 50 should be put up for good taste, followed by the top 10.

Done.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bellum
To be fair it was more like 5 or 6 outfits in addition to the one you're thinking of, a few pairs of shoes, a deerskin bag, etc, etc.

Deerskin bag? Bad taste? That bag is sex, son.

I think someone should gather 4-5 outfits that are considered bad taste from each of the top 10 members and start a new thread.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i can list the outstanding posters, and the rest is for the remainder pile

great:
ist66
yfyf
docholliday
mafoofan
maomao1980
phatguido

good:
voxsartoria
tc houston
triniboy
obscurity

there may be omissions of names i dont see as often

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prizes:

kitonbrioni 151 - boots made of nutria suede, or perhaps human skin? (Vox, can you call your people and have some sent from Boston's skid row?)

Mr. Moo 136 - Off the rack Rubinacci coat made of asbestos tweed (thus, flameproof)

SoCal2NYC 99 - Matching velvet eyepatch and grocery bag set, preferably bedazzled with rhinestones; diamond plate flooring for the new place

NewYorkRanger 71 - A big southern plantation owner hat to go with that white suit; a full-time, live in nanny (for the new baby, not for NYR)

SkinnyGoomba 51 - a W-2 from a New Jersey trash management company

Connemara 50 - a girl

PandArts 49 - A crewcut

Holdfast 47 - the camera from Willy Wonka that shrinks things - shoot all suits at 87% due to weight loss (note - I need the same thing)

mafoofan 43 - A seventh pair of Alden Cordovan longwings - one can never be too safe

Neofinitia40 - a bionic knee

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads