• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gun Appreciation Thread

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Yeah, they're pretty damn overpriced. The problem is finding an FFL to have the gun transferred in to.

I need to spend some more time at the range figuring out what's most comfortable. So far I've only ruled out the Glock 9mm which was too big for my hand.

You must have some midget hands cause I have small hands and my glock 9mm fits perfect. Southernnupe, I haven't actually bought ammo from them, but just a bunch of other stuff. As far as ammo, it really only makes sense to buy in bulk online.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823
You must have some midget hands cause I have small hands and my glock 9mm fits perfect. Southernnupe, I haven't actually bought ammo from them, but just a bunch of other stuff. As far as ammo, it really only makes sense to buy in bulk online.
My hands are pretty big actually. I think its the distance from the back end of the grip to the trigger is too long. I always felt like I just had the tip of my index finger on the trigger as opposed to the whole pad. All my shots were pulling as well. Admittedly, I only shot about 30 rounds on it.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The XD series don't balance well, IMO. Top-heavy, I guess (don't care for Sigs or H&K, either).

9mm options I recommend:
M&P9 - Interchangeable backstraps to help tailor the fit for your hand (which is true of the XDm as well, I believe?) are nice, and it just feels right to me.

the Glock 17 for large hands, the Glock 19 for smaller hands (the latter is their midsize option)

CZ 75B - all steel, heavy as hell, relatively cheap for a steel gun, light recoil with any caliber (due to weight), reliable. Maybe the best grip ergonomics around. I've heard the trigger can be hard to reach for smaller hands, though.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I ended up getting a bunch of 9 and some .22 from Cabela's. PMC Bronze is supposedly in stock @$11-12ish/50, we'll see if it ships for real though. There's a free shipping code for orders over $150: HOLIDAY9 IIRC. Hopefully we'll be a Cabela's affiliate soon
laugh.gif

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Hopefully we'll be a Cabela's affiliate soon
laugh.gif

Yeh!!
bounce2.gif

I had a Cabellas Visa Card for a couple years. I just traded my rewards points for an ACOG sight.
smile.gif

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
Rambo, Glock is scheduled to debut an interchangeable-backstrap model at SHOT 2010. I am holding out for one when I get around to buying a Glock 17. I have two G19s and a G23 right now but I could use a slimmer grip!

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thought some of you AR tactical rail boys might get a chuckle out of this photo from Afghanistan:

guttenfelder44sjpg92059.jpg

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ace Rimmer
Rambo, Glock is scheduled to debut an interchangeable-backstrap model at SHOT 2010. I am holding out for one when I get around to buying a Glock 17. I have two G19s and a G23 right now but I could use a slimmer grip!
Hmm. Have to keep an eye out for that. When's this SHOT thing? Anything else interesting being released?

i10casual

Reaction score
I'll be at the SHot SHow! It should be a good time!

I hate Cabelas.

Artigas

Reaction score
Carrying handle riding on the underside of the handguard? Never seen that before.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artigas
Carrying handle riding on the underside of the handguard? Never seen that before.

I've actually seen a few pics with carry handles riding on a side rail. The soldier/marine has signed for and is responsible for it, though doesn't need the handle/rear sight while he has the ACOG in place. So he attaches it to a spare rail for safe-keeping.
smile.gif

That pic came from this collection, which is well worth looking through:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured...n-afghanistan/

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is going to be the next gun I'm gonna buy. Once I get it the sites will be changed out for something tritium and it'll get magnaported.

I found out real quick that I didn't like dragging around my Blackhawk in 357 mag in a backpack at 10,000 feet. Then there's the whole will a 357 mag kill a grizzly quick enough so I don't become bear dung thing too.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My Xmas wishlist includes a Red Jacket 12 gauge Saiga AK conversion:

s12red2.jpg

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a nice Enfield Jungle Carbine. Letting my inner imperialist run free.

Also thinking about picking up a few other curio/relics with my 03FFL to take apart and restore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads