• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$0.99 double cheeseburger.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pennglock
Fast food burgers really aren't that bad for you. The worst part of them is probably the bun. Ive been known to buy 2 double cheeseburgers, insert the meat from the second sandwich into the bun of the first, and have a nice half-pound meal of meaty delectation.

Giant containers of french fries and 32 oz cokes are where things go terribly awry, IMO...

I guess the 34g of fat...14g which is saturated in the two patties of a Big Mac is no big deal eh?

That's the most ridiculous opinion I've heard in quite a while. I can see you aren't very intelligent concerning macros or how our body processes them.

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
I guess the 34g of fat...14g which is saturated in the two patties of a Big Mac is no big deal eh?

That's the most ridiculous opinion I've heard in quite a while. I can see you aren't very intelligent concerning macros or how our body processes them.

Why exactly should I be concerned about 34g of fat?

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why exactly should I be concerned about 34g of fat?

Maybe the 300 calories? Maybe the effects saturated fat can have on your body? Wow.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Maybe the 300 calories? Maybe the effects saturated fat can have on your body? Wow.

300 calories worry you?
confused.gif

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
300 calories worry you?
confused.gif

Their useless though...stored as fat...

and that's JUST the patties. Man you guys have no idea.

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their useless though...stored as fat...

and that's JUST the patties. Man you guys have no idea.

I get the sense that your understanding of nutrition is a little more limited than you might think...

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Douchetastic? Hahah oh man, that one hurt. I'll tell you why I'm posting. I'm getting sick and tired of seeing you ******* pigs everywhere I go. People like you make me sick at my stomach to see that you care THAT little about your wellbeing to let yourself get to where you are. A complete waste of good air and energy.

So keep indulging in that food that makes you ohh so happy. Just keep in mind that anybody who has a decent knowledge about nutrition is finding you to be repulsive. Don't even want to think about what women think about you.

You just remain a slob and I'll do my own thing...not to mention much more efficient and won't be out of breath in the process.
laugh.gif

/rant

All the ladies must be attracted to your bubbly personality.
fing02[1].gif

oh, and thank you for your concern for my well being. Of course, you know nothing about me other than that I enjoy the occasional cheeseburger, but you've show us conclusively just Joe much of a douche you really are.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get the sense that your understanding of nutrition is a little more limited than you might think...

When you take in that burger NONE of the fat is going to be used as a source of energy, the carbs will.

Feel free to elaborate as I'm sure this was what you tried to wrap your ahead around. This thread is getting quite funny.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know, I have no doubts that fast food is bad for you, but I don't really see much of a difference between fast food and non-fast food when it comes to eating out.

Maybe it's just because I work with a bunch of people who act smug and superior to people who eat fast food, but who eat similar food (lots of burgers) at overpriced, mediocre restaurants.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ruben
I don't know, I have no doubts that fast food is bad for you, but I don't really see much of a difference between fast food and non-fast food when it comes to eating out.

Maybe it's just because I work with a bunch of people who act smug and superior to people who eat fast food, but who eat similar food (lots of burgers) at overpriced, mediocre restaurants.

Your actually not too far from the truth here bro. Most eat in restaurants are awful for you also.

That's why I resort to cooking everything from my house. You KNOW what's going into you

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
laugh.gif
. Dumbass.

Elaborate hot shot
laugh.gif

Your body uses carbs as an energy source first. Plain and simple. Guys crack me up that are extremely overweight, or are skinnny as a rail, yet sit back and talk about how they KNOW nutrition. Lol, seriously, don't speak if you know nothing concerning basic bodily functions 'dumbass'.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
dude i walked out of the theater and had a craving for those little yellow cheeseburgers like you wouldn't believe. went straight to mcd's and got 4 of them.
same here, except i was coming from class. was i the only one whoring up the Boston Market 1 dollar meal coupon last week?

Mickey d's is nothing compared to the homemade southern food i eat at my grandparents. you are supposed to die from that (i've seen it with my own eyes) but so far i'm living.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you take in that burger NONE of the fat is going to be used as a source of energy, the carbs will.

Feel free to elaborate as I'm sure this was what you tried to wrap your ahead around. This thread is getting quite funny.

You should probably sit in on an anatomy/physio class... fat IS a form of stored energy, so of course it's going to eventually be used; it's not going to sit there forever. If you stick a 200 pound man that has eaten burgers every day for a month on an island with nothing but water and fruits, he'll be 140 pounds and have lost a lot of fat when you visit him again in a month, because his body broke it down to be used as energy. In fact, if you overwhelm your body with carbs, it begins to get stored as fat.

You seem to be under the impression that if you have one burger, you will gain 500 pounds and be fat for the rest of your life. You can eat several burgers over the course of the year and be fine, so long as your other meals are fairly healthy or you exercise regularly.

And for the record, I knew a guy who ate healthy his whole adult life, weighing out every ingredient in his healthy meals to ensure exact nutritional intake for his marathon running. He died of a heart attack at 43. Yet I had a boss that indulged in burgers, fast food, and alcohol, and the guy is still alive and well at 65.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads