• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Replace the shoes with some dark brown aldens, and I like Kayne's look a lot, actually.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by james_timothy
Replace the shoes with some dark brown aldens, and I like Kayne's look a lot, actually.

I actually like the whole thing. Yeah, it's Kanye, but whatever.

ag2008

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dron10
Oh, you're fine, I don't think this question is in the least bit uncalled for. There isn't anything about the jeans that is particularly unimpressive, but there isn't anything that stands out. I honestly prefer the rugby jeans to the RRL ones. The denim of the RRLs seems a bit thin, the stitching is nice, but I just feel like they aren't going to fade much without a bit of help (ie lots of starch). And please, no one suggest I just wear the jeans harder, I'm a student. It isn't going to happen, which is why I feel that the Rugby jeans are better prepared for my purposes.

Are there any pictures of RRLs with nice fades? The only reason I buy raw denim is for the fades.

RRL jeans are nothing special - they are simple raw/rinsed barebones jeans similar to the lvc 1947 the way jeans used to be made. The denim is fine, good chainstitching and copper rivets throughout (including hidden ones)

but they are ONLY $220 retail which is cheap for designer dry selvedge denim

yeah chinese goods aren't necessarily "inferior" but a lot of people want to support garments made in the USA instead of china.. that is after all why the US is in such **** (besides the obama administration) because we're outsourcing all our jobs and supporting other country's products and services rather than our own and why? To save a few bucks..

if you wanna save a few bucks on RRL jeans check out ebay. There used to be a lot of sellers selling them for 30-50% off but now it's becoming harder and harder to find them.. There is no reason to settle for a lesser brand cachet like rugby when you can score RRL jeans off ebay for a similar price

don't support polo or rugby as they are all produced in china

RRL all the way.

ffffuuuu.gif

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what about jeans made in italy and japan? should we not support those countries either?

ag2008

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I'd try explaining how to search "RRL" in the denim pics thread but then I don't know what hand you'd use to keep your "Hooked on Phonics" book open.

If your concept of quality is determined by the "thin"ness of denim and its quickness to fade then you run the risk of looking a tad green around the horns or a few marbles short of a Cobb salad.

wow.. just wow

i can't believe du's like this exist

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
^get used to it
smile.gif
I think he's even a moderator here.

You can see at the bottom left corner of each subforum who the moderators and administrators are. In SW&D, it's me and Brian, same as it's always been. not to say that we can't be du. What does that stand for anyway?

ag2008

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
what about jeans made in italy and japan? should we not support those countries either?

ideally, the answer is NO.

what jeans made in italy? diesel? the ones that make 98% of their **** in sweatshops in romania and tunisia then stamped "italy" because they make a quick trip back home before being branded and exported?

if you want to support japan that's your choice but china doesn't have very good human labor laws, japan on the other hand does

the problem is simply the import to export ratio that this country needs to correct before it continues to outsource and import virtually everything

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ag2008
(besides the obama administration)

you sir are the poster child for the mentally challenged. Its been ONE year.

If you can repair a broken world and US economic system eight years in the making... in one year! You sir should be president.

Im just so sick of these people throwing obama this and obama that every which way. jesus. I get it you don't like the guy. Is there a reason that even had to be in the post?

boxing[1].gif

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
^get used to it
smile.gif
I think he's even a moderator here.

Get used to it, he's like a vigilante moderator here.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
damn I didn't remmebr the price being so high but if the wash is intense it very well could and the fact you paid $365.00 makes you right.

Originally Posted by whodini
The ones in the posted photo don't look like the same color as the washed ones linked.
I checked them out today and they're a different version (they are about $365 still). The heavy officer chinos on the left in that picture cost about the same too.

Get used to it, he's like a vigilante moderator here.
Yeah, but with him you can insult him as much as you want.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
You can see at the bottom left corner of each subforum who the moderators and administrators are. In SW&D, it's me and Brian, same as it's always been. not to say that we can't be du. What does that stand for anyway?
du=dude?=whodini. Hah, I was mistaken then. I guess it was just whodini acting like he was a moderator.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do the straight legs and slim boots run in raw?
I wear a 30x30 in their rinsed wash. Should I stick with a 30x30? Do they stretch a lot? Sanforized? Bleeding?

Besides Farinellis, Blake, Blackbird and B&M stores, any other places to get RRL denim?

Thx!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads