• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chuck Taylor Lacing

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All my shoes are straight bar laced. I've tried this on Chucks with a single diagonal workaround and it just doesn't work right. The laces get all twisted (do you replace Converse laces?), the fabric between eyelets bunches and it's hard to get the tension right. How do you lace your Chucks?

Lachy

Reaction score
Laceless JV chucks
teacha.gif

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lace them like a normal person except for the last hole for easy slipping on and off.

algernon

Reaction score
Chucks should be as casual as humanly possible. Fancy lacing techniques just come across as trying too hard. Get them 1/2 size small and lace them up casually/normally...don't pull them tight and get them dirty as ****.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
Lace them like a normal person except for the last hole for easy slipping on and off.
Exactly. And wear them as loosely as you can so they flop around and wrinkle the fabric as much as possible so they get fucked up fast.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by algernon
Chucks should be as casual as humanly possible. Fancy lacing techniques just come across as trying too hard. Get them 1/2 size small and lace them up casually/normally...don't pull them tight and get them dirty as ****.

Greatest description ever.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jared
All my shoes are straight bar laced. I've tried this on Chucks with a single diagonal workaround and it just doesn't work right. The laces get all twisted (do you replace Converse laces?), the fabric between eyelets bunches and it's hard to get the tension right.

How do you lace your Chucks?

straight-bar laced works fine for me
IMAG0292.jpg

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
**** those mothers up!

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That's freaky.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads