1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Chuck Taylor Lacing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Jared

Jared Senior member

All my shoes are straight bar laced. I've tried this on Chucks with a single diagonal workaround and it just doesn't work right. The laces get all twisted (do you replace Converse laces?), the fabric between eyelets bunches and it's hard to get the tension right. How do you lace your Chucks?

2. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

Laceless JV chucks [​IMG]

3. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Lace them like a normal person except for the last hole for easy slipping on and off.

4. algernon

algernon Well-Known Member

Chucks should be as casual as humanly possible. Fancy lacing techniques just come across as trying too hard. Get them 1/2 size small and lace them up casually/normally...don't pull them tight and get them dirty as fuck.

5. Listi

Listi Senior member

Lace them like a normal person except for the last hole for easy slipping on and off.
    Exactly. And wear them as loosely as you can so they flop around and wrinkle the fabric as much as possible so they get fucked up fast.

6. CityConnection

CityConnection Senior member

Chucks should be as casual as humanly possible. Fancy lacing techniques just come across as trying too hard. Get them 1/2 size small and lace them up casually/normally...don't pull them tight and get them dirty as fuck.

Greatest description ever.

7. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

All my shoes are straight bar laced. I've tried this on Chucks with a single diagonal workaround and it just doesn't work right. The laces get all twisted (do you replace Converse laces?), the fabric between eyelets bunches and it's hard to get the tension right.

How do you lace your Chucks?

straight-bar laced works fine for me
    [​IMG]

8. Robert

Robert Senior member

Fuck those mothers up!

9. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

I find that these help:

[​IMG]

10. Robert

Robert Senior member