• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oversized watch

gin8u

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Caomhanach
I receive a TEEVEE channel devoted to niche markets. One sells gemstones. The non verbal spiel consists of flicking a stone in tweezers to make it flash, though only diamonds are supposed to diffuse light. The second show sells chinese knives of 440C steel in fancy bowie patterns. Their non verbal spiel is to----Flash the polished blade in studio light and then stab it into a piece of driftwood. Sometimes the knife actually sticks in place. The third show sells oversized watches.Their non verbal spiel--- anyone care to guess?

no clue.

joeyp2003

Reaction score
Nixon makes some good watches but they are a very "new style" and less "classic". They're of great quality and are mainly a surf brand. If you want a bigger watch of their's then check out the 51-30 PU it's not a ceramic and is only 320$ but you get the BIG watch with a white face and white band. nixnow.com

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gin8u
I saw it in-store the other day. It looked a lot like a woman's watch to me.

Unless you are a very successful drug dealer, a white Chanel watch should be left to the women.

emakris

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gin8u
I saw it in-store the other day. It looked a lot like a woman's watch to me.
At 41mm it is ever so slightly bigger than both my Speedmaster and Sea-Dweller, and I wouldn't call these two ladies' watches. My guess is you thought it was a lady's watch because you were probably looking at a ladies' version (admittedly, the line started as ladies' and there are more ladies' versions than men's).

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emakris
At 41mm it is ever so slightly bigger than both my Speedmaster and Sea-Dweller, and I wouldn't call these two ladies' watches. My guess is you thought it was a lady's watch because you were probably looking at a ladies' version (admittedly, the line started as ladies' and there are more ladies' versions than men's).

Actually, I think it looks like a ladies' watch because it's white ceramic and says "Chanel" across the front. It's not a particularly masculine style, regardless of the size (remember, a lot of women are buying really big watches these days, Rolexes, Panerais, etc).

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Glycine KMU 48, as in 48mm case that is wearable in casual settings but doesnt get much wrist time bc its so huge. I'd say my hamilton jazzmaster maestro at 45mm is as big as I can comfortably go.
Case size aside however, the watch posted by the OP is hideous.

dl

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Go for it!

\t
uhoh.gif

justindo

Reaction score
With the exception of the dial, men should not wear white watches. I would have thought this to be quite obvious.

gin8u

Reaction score
Originally Posted by justindo
With the exception of the dial, men should not wear white watches. I would have thought this to be quite obvious.

Things often change though. One of the best examples I can give was white shoes. In early 90's, very few men dared to wear them, as the new millennium approached, the more acceptable it was.

BABuckeye

Reaction score
Looks like the majority of posters have advised against it.

NowPlayingTheGame

Reaction score
Do you get some gold teeth with that watch? How about an oversized sideways baseball hat? Any watch featured on a site using vernacular of "peeps" is low class. Just a ripoff, as most watches are. This is an Ed Hardy/ghetto/Guido watch made for suckers to part them of their cash. $2000. I am laughing. I guess it depends on the circles you run in, and who you're trying to impress. You don't walk into a hedge fund dressed like Flava-Flav.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads