• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RRL vs. APC

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2rlzrwj.jpg

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
strong aware. Son, I am disaapoint.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now I see why Mauro is thinking about becoming a normal. OP was a complete asshat.

Kd88

Reaction score
If anyone is interested I have a NWT pair of RRl jeans in 29x34 for sale.

xr4ti

Reaction score
In before Clive... Jacked fibres cut like diamonds....Davidko19 will get this...

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
as for me, i personally love RRL denim (raw denim slim bootcut). i have seen APC before and handled it as well. and here is what i will say if i had to own only one pair of jeans:

if i owned APC as my only pair of jeans i would be feeling there is a better jean for me. not that it is a bad jean, it is good, but i would be curious as to what else is out there. i would definitely feel like i can 'outgrow' the APCs. it does look and fits like an entry level premium jean.

if i owned only my one pair of RRL, i would be completely satisfied. right now it compares to no other, samurai, pbj, somet, etc all these brands i have seen, tried on, owned, etc, and they all have their specific nuances and qualities and unique attributes that makes them so interesting
but the rrl jeans are so great (flattering fit /silhouette, denim quality, sheen, the way it breaks in on you) if i were forced to keep only that pair of rrl i would definitely dont mind.

ive worn all my jeans everywhere and to work for pairs like even Oni SHoai, pbj xx006, SC, etc these are very interesting but i always felt like these types of jeans 'wore me' . if you know what i m saying. theyre for denim purists who want to make a statement through their jeans.

for me, the rrl slim bootcut i 'wear them' they completely upgrade and flatter my look. (and some of my diesels, but not as much as the rrl). plus, i ve gotten so many compliments from people (and my wife who loves them on me) even guys on the street! this guy at the south coast mall was making eye contact with my jeans all the way i was like , who is this guy?, and then when he was near me he says 'dude, sorry i just got to say, those are awesome jeans man'. ' what brand are they??' and this guy looks like he knows alot of jeans by the way he looks. at the office, people compliment me (not on the jeans per se, you know , HR policies etc).
with the oni shoai? the pbj xx006? they are excellent. they look funky. but they never made me look 'sexy' in any way. never had a compliment. oh yeah, once at a cafeteria some guy goes , those jeans are crazy! (nice compliment, but not an rrl type conjuring compliment)

dam i babble too much

Yeah, but you, um, wear bootcut...

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
Yeah, but you, um, wear bootcut...

how is denim that is cut into the shape of a bootcut inherently less "pure" than denim that is cut into a skinny leg

if you want to talk about it that way the only "pure" denim is baggy carpenter ****, don't get so hung up in your own preferences

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MarketOpportunity
after all that, the poll results show nearly dead even RRL vs. APC.
I'm willing to bet that a most of those who voted APC have never actually seen a pair of RRLs in person.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wanna know why this threak is still around???

Goodnight all.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xr4ti
In before Clive... Jacked fibres cut like diamonds....Davidko19 will get this...

In b4 Clive, lulz... wait, Im 12 and what is this? Good man job dave.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads