• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
someone started a thread looking for mtm tees, cause $300 ro tees and $5 target ultimates aren;t good enough for his precious chest and back

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i am just lashing out lately about the meaningless nature of fashion. i buy very selectively and carefully, as i have a family to support. i got 2 rick owens leathers and sneakers for the price of one leather on sale at retail. i guess i am just patient and willing to hunt
I can definitely appreciate that- I am in a similar situation as a single parent. I'll hunt for good deals or do a little work selling other stuff to get something I want for free basically. Though, I almost think it's a right of passage for young guys to senselessly blow all their cash on something. At least it's not drugs or cars. You (and probably I) are just getting too old
laugh.gif
someone started a thread looking for mtm tees, cause $300 ro tees and $5 target ultimates aren;t good enough for his precious chest and back
It wasn't me, I swear.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^though not my style, i think you buy cool and interesting stuff. i just can;t take people talking about BoO or w&h like they reinvented fashion.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the thing is with the work wear fashion resurgence. Its mostly basics. And that means that designers are going to remake basics, and with that comes a high price. Also the cut. BoO has a really nice cut for certain body types. Does it warrant the price? That is debatable. However the reason they buy it and enjoy the brand is becasue they offer a well fitting and relatively innovative cut. Same can be said for W+H except with fabrics. Also W+H has an interesting look on work wear inspired garments... But what is really important to this board is exclusivity weather we admit it or not, we do take pride in having something rather exclusive. I know I enjoy having a pair of jeans where no one knows who made them, having a shirt that no one else will probably buy. Designer brands are limited and rare. It adds a sort of collectors appeal that I think we all can understand.

Im not sure how this all matter but w/e. Who cares who buys what. Can we talk about overall style of a garment and materials as opposed to how stupid the person is for buying it. I mean J.Crew isn't horse **** and for 20 bucks a shirt it cant be beat. Same for all the other mid tier and lower level designers. They are appealing to a market. Some of happen to be that market. If the clothing looks good on the person who the hell cares weather or not they got a good buy for THEIR money.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Is he even more beautiful in person? I would probably be so nervous I couldn't even talk to him!

This made me laugh -- Uh, I will say that it was unmistakably him and he seemed tall to me. I should have said hai I'm SoCal. Thought about it actually but did not. Poor fellow already probably gets pestered enough already.

Random fashion conversation from DLester dinner with wife tonight: does wife need to wear burqa next week? Probably not, but inconclusive.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I'm not sure how the argument for putting stuff together came about but the fact of the matter is certain designer pieces are far more interesting than boring mall ****. They just don't have the creative talent to compete with the likes of belgians, etc. and if they did those guys wouldn't be working there. That was how the whole debate started with fuuma's remark which I agreed with. You like banana? That's cool. You like french connection? That's cool. Go start a 1000 page thread on those brands too if you like.

Like some people stated in robbie's thread, some guys just want to get by without making any kind of statement and just blend in while looking decent. My friends dress like garbage but I hang out with them because it doesn't matter to me just like if they were to drive ****** cars or take the bus.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^though not my style, i think you buy cool and interesting stuff. i just can;t take people talking about BoO or w&h like they reinvented fashion.
FWIW, W+H has for the most part struck me as aesthetically unremarkable. I've really liked a few of their pieces over the last couple of years and understand their strength is within the actual fabric/construction. But a lot of it looks ordinary to me, while their famous terry hoodies are downright ugly.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
+1

Originally Posted by jet
I'm not sure how the argument for putting stuff together came about but the fact of the matter is certain designer pieces are far more interesting than boring mall ****. They just don't have the creative talent to compete with the likes of belgians, etc. and if they did those guys wouldn't be working there. That was how the whole debate started with fuuma's remark which I agreed with. You like banana? That's cool. You like french connection? That's cool. Go start a 1000 page thread on those brands too if you like.

Like some people stated in robbie's thread, some guys just want to get by without making any kind of statement and just blend in while looking decent. My friends dress like garbage but I hang out with them because it doesn't matter to me just like if they were to drive ****** cars or take the bus.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I'm not sure how the argument for putting stuff together came about but the fact of the matter is certain designer pieces are far more interesting than boring mall ****. They just don't have the creative talent to compete with the likes of belgians, etc. and if they did those guys wouldn't be working there. That was how the whole debate started with fuuma's remark which I agreed with. You like banana? That's cool. You like french connection? That's cool. Go start a 1000 page thread on those brands too if you like. Like some people stated in robbie's thread, some guys just want to get by without making any kind of statement and just blend in while looking decent. My friends dress like garbage but I hang out with them because it doesn't matter to me just like if they were to drive ****** cars or take the bus.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. And there are certain designers (and I keep adding to the list as I go along) whom have collections that are very aesthetically pleasing/interesting to me visually but it kind of ends there. I think my comments spawned from a couple of posts that were bashing those that purchased mall brands as if it was a crime against what this board's purpose is/was (the overall goal is slightly ambiguous to me these days). I respect those opinions because for some, it's a valid position, I don't necessarily agree with a lot of those positions though. Still, I will always fight the good fight against flip flops with you.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i just get frustrated cause we should be talkin bout raf rick MMM dries not boo and hot topic

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do agree that a lot of mall stuff is boring, but sometimes it's still possible to stand out while looking absolutely normal, you know?

Who am I kidding, I'm just justifying things because I don't have the balls to pull off awesome crap.
musicboohoo[1].gif

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone started a MMM thread in February and the damn thing died. Yet weak threads keep rolling. Go figure.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justtemple
I agree with this wholeheartedly. And there are certain designers (and I keep adding to the list as I go along) whom have collections that are very aesthetically pleasing/interesting to me visually but it kind of ends there.

I think my comments spawned from a couple of posts that were bashing those that purchased mall brands as if it was a crime against what this board's purpose is/was (the overall goal is slightly ambiguous to me these days).

I respect those opinions because for some, it's a valid position, I don't necessarily agree with a lot of those positions though.

Still, I will always fight the good fight against flip flops with you.

yes

Can't wait until winter when they go away and the flip flops of winter aka uggz take their place with a&f hoodies and juicy velour sweats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads