1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

2. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

here is the deal, my wife and i have a credit card at 'Nebraska Furniture Mart' we got a tv, we might go get some couches and shit... but really, really i wish the big huge berkshire heartattack i can see from my window would be replaced with even 7 percent of the shopping opportunities members in LA or NYC have available... not only that, but i wish i had the same credit offered to me by any of the stores that 7 percent might be.

i really really want the MFSC foul weather coat, or a surplus similarity.

i am totally buying the ll bean katahdins, if i don't get them for christmas first

i am too skinny for workwear, it makes me look like dopey the dwarf.

i am too fat for 'hipster' gear.

charlie gibson is a total bouchedag.

3. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Distinguished Member

Only wusses take wood shop, men take metal shop pffft.

no... real men took small engines in grade school

4. Robert

Robert Distinguished Member

half my shirts are 100% polyester, i just dont give a fuckkk

Seriously? Mine were. Like, in 1977. Disco, disco...

5. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Seriously? Mine were. Like, in 1977. Disco, disco...

as long as it looks cool, fits well and isn't constructed poorly i sincerely don't care what it's made of

6. zissou

zissou Distinguished Member

^even though it'll melt onto your body if you are caught in a house fire? [​IMG]

7. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

^even though it'll melt onto your body if you are caught in a house fire? [​IMG]

oh ... oh no! the one situation i hadn't considered!!

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

Random thought how did uncontrol find sf?

9. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Random thought how did uncontrol find sf?

something awful

10. wagthesam

wagthesam Distinguished Member

something awful

Yeah I remember there was a waywt thread on sa with lots of sf approved brands being worn.

11. Lachy

Lachy Senior Member

lol razele can you just shut the fuck up in this thread? honestly, australia produces the most annoying posters

I resemble that comment ... I mean resent, or something.

I can't believe you guys are still crapping on about this. Holly shit. Get over it. Some people will spend $$$ on 2 or 3 "designer" peices others will spend $ on "basics". Who cares what side of the fence you fall on? No point arguing about it, there is no right answer, its your individual style.

12. DLester

DLester Distinguished Member

I just saw Braidkid at the tailor.
    I did not mention SF.

13. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Distinguished Member

lol razele can you just shut the fuck up in this thread? honestly, australia produces the most annoying posters

here's the thing bro, you don't know what you're talking about. period. you just pop into every seasonal thread for any brand with MODERATE hype and just uncontrollably jizz on their products, its fucking absurd. do you even own these brands? cause I have a big feeling that you don't, and for all your talk about 'building a quality wardrobe' you have zero experience with the brands you think are quality (and don't even know what that means) or the brands, like j crew, you criticize.

j crew isn't that great, but it serves a purpose. its affordable workwear, and its ironic that you criticize it and then hype the shit out of EG and WWM and any other flavor of the month fresh out of Japan brand that does that same aesthetic. I'd make a point about sometimes needing to have less expensive clothes because of appropriateness, but since I doubt you even wear the clothes you rave about, I guess it doesn't matter, does it?

this website should be about developing individual taste, and virtually everything you post undermines that. how about posting a review of all these pieces you supposedly own? or some insight into how you wear them?

here's the deal though, I actually have owned and worn many of these brands you rave about, and I'd say the majority of the time the idea of quality is way overblown. that's ok though, becuase I recognize that I'm paying for aesthetic and materials (admittedly an element of quality), but I don't disillusion myself into believing that wearing MMM and W+H makes me somehow better than those plebes in gap and j crew.

also I love how you talk about finding MTM and you are fucking australian. what do you know about american MTM prices??? lol. can you even buy j crew in australia?

what a joke.

omg. +1-trillion

14. tagutcow

tagutcow Stylish Dinosaur

I just saw Braidkid at the tailor.
    I did not mention SF.

Is he even more beautiful in person? I would probably be so nervous I couldn't even talk to him!

15. justtemple

justtemple Distinguished Member

I hang my Gap and J Crew clothes right next to Rag and Bone and RRL. This is coming from a guy on the forum who has admittedly been on a "premium" brand kick for the last couple of months. But I make sure everything has a place. Isn't that what we are all here for in the first place? If we all did WAYWTs and somebody posted a terrible, mismatched, poorly fitted outfit that was all MMM and/or BoO, how is that even close to being a better example of style than someone who makes well thought out choices with what the pieces they choose to work with, even if those pieces are Gap or Banana or J Crew or gasp Target? I always though style was less about the what and more about the how in terms of things one wears.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.