• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What would you do if you won the lottery?

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'd pay all the girls in the back door thread to sit on my face.

kwiteaboy

Reaction score
Finish grad school, but pay the department to ensure I never had to teach a ******* class again.

Get a (personally-endowed) professorship somewhere, doing social psych research.

Realize that I only had $2m more than Carlos Silva's current contract
frown.gif

Chrenetique

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Writing long fiction is incredibly difficult to do well. Beyond the difficulty, it takes real dedication, which might not come so easy with $50 mil in the bank and all the world in which to play.

No. Writing long fiction is incredibly easy when you're talented, and impossible otherwise. Dedication is not even necessary, Cervantes had better to do than writing and he wrote.

With $50m I would breathe clean air in my stunning Parisian town house, eat vegetables and red roast beef, shag my wife and other people too (I'm single), have a chauffeur and 24 servants with matching wigs to fulfil my merest needs, have also ten suits tailored (six for winter use, four for summer use) and three tuxedos, buy incunabula & publish luxury books, and sleep whenever I can. There's nothing more I desire, I still would write with a $15 fountain pen, swallow silly medicines and stay away from the herd (no parties, no orgy, no schemers), I still wouldn't travel nor have a cell phone to answer my nonexistent friends. Actually I'd study all day, and learn how to play harpischord - don't ask why.
I'd give $20m for business, $10m for the town house, $5m for bought books, $1m for a bespoke car, and die with the rest.

Easy life.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are alot of people here who like to spend money.

I would:

Save all of it, and only spend the interested on a custom house of my dreams that would cost around 2 Million, and a couple decent cars at about $30k each. I would also do alot of traveling around the world. But not spending alot of money doing it, just staying at middle of the road places and not eating at expensive restaurants. I don't think my life would change too much besides not having to worry about money anymore.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've dreamed of not quitting my job, but I would definitely become the biggest douche bag i.e. lighting cigars with $20 in my office, or parking my Aston sideways in the front of the building. If my boss complained, I would simply throw $50 bills at her, and tell her to ''buy yourself something nice''.

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I have simple tastes, so 10mil for the mom, property in NY, and Paris. Autos, clothes, luxury items, etc. Open a few ultra high-end clubs, travel the world taking pics. That would make me happy beyond all measure

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
1. Buy massive chunk of land in Russia
2. Hire army of Ghurkas to defend my land
3. Secede from Russia
4. ???
5. Profit

6. Get FOAB'ed by Russia.

Originally Posted by Baron
I'd pay all the girls in the back door thread to sit on my face.

worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif
EXCELLENT!

Originally Posted by Chrenetique
No. Writing long fiction is incredibly easy when you're talented, and impossible otherwise. Dedication is not even necessary, Cervantes had better to do than writing and he wrote.

With $50m I would breathe clean air in my stunning Parisian town house, eat vegetables and red roast beef, shag my wife and other people too (I'm single), have a chauffeur and 24 servants with matching wigs to fulfil my merest needs, have also ten suits tailored (six for winter use, four for summer use) and three tuxedos, buy incunabula & publish luxury books, and sleep whenever I can. There's nothing more I desire, I still would write with a $15 fountain pen, swallow silly medicines and stay away from the herd (no parties, no orgy, no schemers), I still wouldn't travel nor have a cell phone to answer my nonexistent friends. Actually I'd study all day, and learn how to play harpischord - don't ask why.
I'd give $20m for business, $10m for the town house, $5m for bought books, $1m for a bespoke car, and die with the rest.

Easy life.

Quirky enough.

bigboy

Reaction score
Buy this site and become king?

You guys better be nice to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads