• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What would you do if you won the lottery?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I would fund a coup in some crackpot nation to install me as dictator. After I'm done, I'd be a billionaire.

"Cry, Havoc! and let slip the phoques of war!"

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1. Give 1/4 to my family, good friends
2. Put 1/2 in relatively safe instrument, just clipping coupon, nothing exciting
3. 1/4 left... hum, buy a nice car, a nice house, retire, go back to school to get a few phd for fun and travel around the world (once back packing, once in luxury, at least dining wise), pretty sure I would still have a lot left, so maybe day trade a bit just for fun.
4. whatever is left, fund a small company to make exotic car or small nimble airplane, though this will probably turn out to be a much bigger money sucking machine than anything else I can think of...

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Brilliant! Of course, your odds would be only like 1/4. Would you be better off playing a $45 million hand of blackjack?

That's why I kept $5 million
laugh.gif

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Travel a lot.

Probably open a small restaurant. . . not sure where or what type of food. Maybe a US style place in a foreign country.

Probably open a bar too.

Maybe I could create some kind of business around traveling.

The important thing is that all that money would give me the time to think about that kind of thing.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it's interesting how a lot of the dreams in here really don't require $50MM or even $1MM. Makes you think about what's really holding you back, no?

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I think it's interesting how a lot of the dreams in here really don't require $50MM or even $1MM. Makes you think about what's really holding you back, no?

The Man!!

I don't really know what i would do with it all, but alot of it would go into investing, I'd quite my job right away, and spend alot of time traveling, golfing, and fishing.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Our society is really quite funny. Everyone doing something they'd rather not be doing. BDC, all your dream would take is a $60K a year job that allows you to work from your computer, such as a successful e-commerce business. Not $50MM.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Mine would require $50 Million though. Or at least $30 million.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Mine would require $50 Million though. Or at least $30 million.

If you are impatient. If you want to make a low-budget film, and you have $50MM in the bank, just take the slow way and move up the ranks in the film industry. If you have any talent, you will get your shot (especially after your $50MM has grown to $60-65MM in a few years, you would be able to fund whatever you could not raise). Why pay when someone else will?

Remember the downside of working your way up in film is that there is no money in it until you are big. It's not so bad if you are filthy rich on the side.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pay off my parents and brother's house. Buy myself a small summer house in the Hamptons and a house in West U or Memorial section of Houston. Get bespoke shoes from G&G, JLP, Cleverley, and Pierre Corthay. Get some gator belly Lucchese boots. Invest the rest in safe dividend stocks and live off the dividend yield.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purefeetdetoxpatch