• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diet/exercise to lose weight fast (and how to dress)?

enarchay

Reaction score
I have another question. Is there anything to do the idea that you shouldn't eat past a certain time? What should I do on the days when I wake up later and stay up later than usual, is it okay to eat my meals a little later, or should I just not eat at all on those days past a certain time?

turbozed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by enarchay
I have another question. Is there anything to do the idea that you shouldn't eat past a certain time? What should I do on the days when I wake up later and stay up later than usual, is it okay to eat my meals a little later, or should I just not eat at all on those days past a certain time?

Eating late at night is the same as eating earlier in the day. Realize that total caloric intake is a million times more important than meal timing.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
If you look just at my legs and hips you would mistake them for some sports illustrated babe's hips and legs.
If you look just at my waist and stomach you would mistake them for some morbidly obese guy's waist and stomach.
If you look at my chest you would think they belong to some guy who used to bench a lot.
If you look at my face you would think I'm some guy who ate 3 bowls of ramen the night before and just went straight to bed.

If you don't want to turn out like me I recommend you be consistent with any diet/exercise path you choose.

enarchay

Reaction score
I have a question about exercise now. I've heard that if you do the same routine often, your body can build up a resistance and you'll stop losing weight. I've mostly been using an elliptical because walking on a treadmill hurts my feet/legs a lot for some reason (I think I need better shoes) which means I end up going slower and my heart rate doesn't go up, and it seems like using a workout bike takes longer to get the same results as the elliptical. So is there any truth to it? How often should I switch up my routine?

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
facepalm.gif

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha I'm kidding, but you seem to post rather odd and contradictory things at times, maybe a WAYWT is in order? (nohomo)

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
Does anyone else find it difficult to give exercise and diet advice out online?
No, I find it easy. I give the same piece of advice every single time. My issue with it is that the people looking for advice don't ever actually take it, cos they are too occupied with their own computers and - not necessarily talking about the current poster either, just a general observation - still in the phase where they are making and/or looking for excuses for their own inertia. "Oh well, I would love to do BLAH but there's this thing with my uhh rotator cuff and uhh ankle. I have ankles. And thyroids. I have those too. Now write nine paragraphs about BMI and metabolism so I can say that it's all too complicated and return to reading Craigslist personals." -- Well, anyhow, Matt advice for the three thousandth time... Take up boxing. Do compound lifts. I do exactly three exercises - bench press, pull downs, leg press. Do not overthink your diet, just remove everything you already know to be crap. -- This is the part where you actually do it....

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
Do compound lifts. I do exactly three exercises - bench press, pull downs, leg press.

Pus...

Wait, do I really want to call a mod that?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can track your daily calories on fitday.com. Just to give you an idea of what you're getting every day

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
Pus...

Wait, do I really want to call a mod that?

ya, go ahead.

I can get on, do my lower body, and get out. Yes squats are better, but I have three machines in a row doing the biggest muscles I have, and Im done in 10 mins. Fine by me
smile.gif

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
ya, go ahead.

I can get on, do my lower body, and get out. Yes squats are better, but I have three machines in a row doing the biggest muscles I have, and Im done in 10 mins. Fine by me
smile.gif

I actually agree with you. The best exercise program/diet in the world is useless if you're not going to stick with it.

When I was younger, I got into HIT and 20-rep squats. I think they were amazing and I made good gains in strength and size while doing them. However, after a while I started dreading going to the gym and decided to stop doing them because it took a lot of enjoyment out of working out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads