• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diet/exercise to lose weight fast (and how to dress)?

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^+1

But *******, I got to stay focused however boring the gym may be..and trust me, that **** can get flat out boring..

enarchay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
^^+1

But *******, I got to stay fcused however boring the gym may be..and trust me, that **** can get flat out boring..

Tell me about it.

Hearing loss... or death by boredom? Decisions....

ken1234

Reaction score
Uh...its time you find some physical activities that you enjoy...working out is supposed to be relaxing and fun. It's not supposed to cause hearing loss or death by boredom. Gym is not the only place you can get a good work out.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
No, I find it easy. I give the same piece of advice every single time.

Ehh, I meant followup advice, like after the initial advice, they'll post "My ADHD prevents me from working out. Also broke down and treated my self to 3 Big Macs hahah"

I don't feel like posting, "that's okay, just do it less etc. blah blah."

OP, take some time a do a physical activity a few times a week you enjoy be it racquetball, basketball, etc.

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
swimming is a great way to stay in shape, after running track for two years i decided to play waterpolo and i feel way better physically than i ever did running

also it helps that it burns a lot of weight off and you get a killer tan =D

(just dont wear board shorts or jammers because then it's just ridiculous, speedos all the way, much more comfortable)

enarchay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken1234
Uh...its time you find some physical activities that you enjoy...working out is supposed to be relaxing and fun. It's not supposed to cause hearing loss or death by boredom. Gym is not the only place you can get a good work out.
Well, I hate most sports. The only thing I can think of would be to join back up with martial arts, but I'm not sure if that'd really be worth it because it doesn't get your heart rate up at a continual pace - from what I remember. Working out may be boring, but I'd rather be bored and be more effective. But swimming seems like a good idea. The gym has a pool so maybe I can swap that in every once in a while.

enarchay

Reaction score
(just dont wear board shorts or jammers because then it's just ridiculous, speedos all the way, much more comfortable)
I think the pool would shut down soon after if I went with that advice.
laugh.gif

bigchris1313

Reaction score
1. Come up with a sleep schedule. 8+ hours per night if possible.

2. Cardio when you wake up before you eat. 30 minutes each day..

3. Whey protein. Chicken. Fish. Nonfat milk. Some peanut butter.

4. Oatmeal.

5. Heavy Ass Bench. Heavy Ass Sqaut. Heavy Ass Deadlift.

This isn't rocket science. Run a calorie deficit. If you want to burn calories, lift heavy weight. Eat clean foods with enough protein and the right kind of carbs, and you will slowly burn fat and build muscle. In addition to increasing your metabolic rate, you will increase your Testosterone production, which makes everything in life better.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigchris1313
1. Come up with a sleep schedule. 8+ hours per night if possible.

3. Whey protein. Chicken. Fish. Nonfat milk. Some peanut butter.

4. Oatmeal.

5. Heavy Ass Bench. Heavy Ass Sqaut. Heavy Ass Deadlift.

This isn't rocket science. Run a calorie deficit. If you want to burn calories, lift heavy weight. Eat clean foods with enough protein and the right kind of carbs, and you will slowly burn fat and build muscle. In addition to increasing your metabolic rate, you will increase your Testosterone production, which makes everything in life better.

Great post, but i do remember reading somewhere i can't reference, that more reps = better calorie burning ? At the time i read the article it made sense, since you're expending more energy with each added rep the more calories you'll burn. I'm all for heavy lifting, but, obviously, you're kinda capped with how many reps you can do with heavy weights. I would love to see where heavy lifting burns calories better/faster than more reps.

BTW, I'm not refuting your theory, just curious to see the supporting docs/write-up.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Y'know, OP, I felt badly about the rough treatment I gave you so I searched for something that may not only help, but also dovetail nicely into your general outlook on life.

Fat is Not Your Fault!

Good luck, pal.

lefty

Kris

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has suggested crystal meth and tren ace.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
use the search function. I suspect SOMEWHERE this all has been discussed before.

enarchay

Reaction score
What exactly is the point of working out before I eat? I usually wake up hungry, and I have to the drive to the gym.

enarchay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Y'know, OP, I felt badly about the rough treatment I gave you so I searched for something that may not only help, but also dovetail nicely into your general outlook on life.

Fat is Not Your Fault!

Good luck, pal.

lefty

Wow, I always thought the first chain in the link of causes and effect that set into motion a determined set of events was responsible for my being fat. But now I know better. Time to go to burger king because if being fat isn't my fault, why bother.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads