• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Skull Jeans by an Alchemist

Lachy

Reaction score
I haven't washed yet, I'd guess about an inch. They stretch about an inch and half though.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My Skulls just got here. Surprisingly it only took 5 minutes to button up so the waist is fine, and thighs are bigger than my Uniqlo black selvage. If they stretch out a bit these should be good. I'm wondering if I should embrace the mega stacks or hem them a little though.

Hot_Escargot

Reaction score
Skulls 5010 6x6 is the modern cut denim fit I've been looking for for a long time.

Props to Skull, these are badass!!

I have 31 and they fit perfect. My weight fluctuates quite a bit though and if i lost 5-10 lbs just wondering if a washing) would shrink these suckers a bit??? any idea, skull aficionados?/

(i know they sanforized so in theory minimal shrinking, but I'm asking about real world experience)

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They sure do stretch though. Got nearly 2" on the waist by my 3rd day. Just needs a little bit more and it's perfect. Then I just need my bruised hips to heal.

cancel.sing

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
They sure do stretch though. Got nearly 2" on the waist by my 3rd day. Just needs a little bit more and it's perfect. Then I just need my bruised hips to heal.

How did you size?

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cancel.sing
How did you size?

I went by the actual waist, so I guess I sized down one since I have a 30" natural waist. This is a mistake, don't do it unless you really want a really slim fit and you yourself are slim. And you like pain. Get the size that is your natural waist and wear a belt to stop it from stretching. I'm doing my best to speed up the stretching process and its working (squats and a bunch of other stretches). On the plus side I'll be getting some nice fades from the creases I see.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
these 5010s rule face. i went true to size. they hurt, they're stiff as ****, and they are totally worth the discomfort and lack of mobility. me likey.

bonus points to their having started, within 1 day of purchase, 3 arguments about religion and a lesson on US trademark laws.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
these 5010s rule face. i went true to size. they hurt, they're stiff as ****, and they are totally worth the discomfort and lack of mobility. me likey.

bonus points to their having started, within 1 day of purchase, 3 arguments about religion and a lesson on US trademark laws.

I thought Cheap Mondays were the only jeans capable of starting arguments about religion!

Clocky

Reaction score
I love my Skulls, but I've had more seams pop open in one year than I've had on my D'Artisans and Sugar Canes over four.

fashunhor

Reaction score
So confused about sizing. There are just as many people saying go true to actual size as there are recommending going up or down a size or 2. I wear 30 in APC NS. I sized down and they stretched a ton but they are a perfect slim-straight. My actual size is 35. If I went actual size then I would get a 34 in Skulls according to the chart.

But I have gotten some advice to just go 1 size above my NS size. Anyone want to chime in with their advice?

I am also 31 Nudie RRDS and 32 Nudie SJDBC.

Lachy

Reaction score
I'm a 31 in APC, I wear a 33 in Skulls. They've both stretched quite a bit. My APCs are probably a little looser in the waist than my Skulls.

Based on my experience, if you want the same fit in waist as you have with your APCs, then I think you should get Skulls in a 33.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
I thought Cheap Mondays were the only jeans capable of starting arguments about religion!

In the sense that they are a method of contraception?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads