1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skull Jeans by an Alchemist

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Jun 8, 2008.

1. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

the raw hardly even shrink to the one-wash size...

2. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

They sure do stretch though. Got nearly 2" on the waist by my 3rd day. Just needs a little bit more and it's perfect. Then I just need my bruised hips to heal.

3. cancel.sing

cancel.sing Senior member

They sure do stretch though. Got nearly 2" on the waist by my 3rd day. Just needs a little bit more and it's perfect. Then I just need my bruised hips to heal.

How did you size?

4. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

How did you size?

I went by the actual waist, so I guess I sized down one since I have a 30" natural waist. This is a mistake, don't do it unless you really want a really slim fit and you yourself are slim. And you like pain. Get the size that is your natural waist and wear a belt to stop it from stretching. I'm doing my best to speed up the stretching process and its working (squats and a bunch of other stretches). On the plus side I'll be getting some nice fades from the creases I see.

5. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

these 5010s rule face. i went true to size. they hurt, they're stiff as fuck, and they are totally worth the discomfort and lack of mobility. me likey.

bonus points to their having started, within 1 day of purchase, 3 arguments about religion and a lesson on US trademark laws.

6. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

these 5010s rule face. i went true to size. they hurt, they're stiff as fuck, and they are totally worth the discomfort and lack of mobility. me likey.

bonus points to their having started, within 1 day of purchase, 3 arguments about religion and a lesson on US trademark laws.

I thought Cheap Mondays were the only jeans capable of starting arguments about religion!

7. Clocky

Clocky Well-Known Member

I love my Skulls, but I've had more seams pop open in one year than I've had on my D'Artisans and Sugar Canes over four.

8. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

So confused about sizing. There are just as many people saying go true to actual size as there are recommending going up or down a size or 2. I wear 30 in APC NS. I sized down and they stretched a ton but they are a perfect slim-straight. My actual size is 35. If I went actual size then I would get a 34 in Skulls according to the chart.

But I have gotten some advice to just go 1 size above my NS size. Anyone want to chime in with their advice?

I am also 31 Nudie RRDS and 32 Nudie SJDBC.

9. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

I'm a 31 in APC, I wear a 33 in Skulls. They've both stretched quite a bit. My APCs are probably a little looser in the waist than my Skulls.

Based on my experience, if you want the same fit in waist as you have with your APCs, then I think you should get Skulls in a 33.

10. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

I thought Cheap Mondays were the only jeans capable of starting arguments about religion!

In the sense that they are a method of contraception?

11. grundletaint

So confused about sizing. There are just as many people saying go true to actual size as there are recommending going up or down a size or 2. I wear 30 in APC NS. I sized down and they stretched a ton but they are a perfect slim-straight. My actual size is 35. If I went actual size then I would get a 34 in Skulls according to the chart. But I have gotten some advice to just go 1 size above my NS size. Anyone want to chime in with their advice? I am also 31 Nudie RRDS and 32 Nudie SJDBC.
    no APC experience but i'm a 32 in nudie AJDH and went with a 32 in the 5010 and they're perfect so far (haven't had them that long so i can't say much about stretching). i know for sure i couldn't have buttoned a 31, though.

12. Gmas

Gmas Senior member

So confused about sizing. There are just as many people saying go true to actual size as there are recommending going up or down a size or 2. I wear 30 in APC NS. I sized down and they stretched a ton but they are a perfect slim-straight. My actual size is 35. If I went actual size then I would get a 34 in Skulls according to the chart.

But I have gotten some advice to just go 1 size above my NS size. Anyone want to chime in with their advice?

I am also 31 Nudie RRDS and 32 Nudie SJDBC.

I wear a 32 in APC NS's. They were extremely tight when I got them, however the good amount of stretching combined with my shedding a few pounds has resulted in a perfect fit for me. Actually the waist is a little too big now and I could admittedly probably go down one size, but otherwise I love them.

I ordered a pair of the 5010's in a 33 recently and they were pretty much painted on. I realize they would have stretched some, but I didn't anticipate it being enough from how tight they were. The waist I could get buttoned up, but the thighs were just way too tight. I have since returned them and have asked for a 33 in the 5507's in return. From what I read, the 5507 cut is much closer to that of APC NS. I kinda forced myself to get the 5010's since they seemed to be more popular instead of paying attention to what would have probably fit me better.

For reference, I'm 6'0 and just under 185 lbs - athletic build.

13. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior member

I'm thinking a pair of Skulls will be my next jean. However, this thread is lacking in fit pics. Anybody care to post some?

14. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

I will be doing a first wash in about 2 weeks, after 10 months of medium wear, if you can wait to see some evo pics. Otherwise, most my recent WAYWN pics have been in my Skulls, not that there are too many, but should be 3 or 4. Check out aeglus too, he's been rocking his.

15. grundletaint

i need to get a pic of my hemmed 5010s up. not a lot of wear since they're still fairly new but the 2" makes a difference, as she said.

16. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

I went by the actual waist, so I guess I sized down one since I have a 30" natural waist. This is a mistake, don't do it unless you really want a really slim fit and you yourself are slim. And you like pain. Get the size that is your natural waist and wear a belt to stop it from stretching. I'm doing my best to speed up the stretching process and its working (squats and a bunch of other stretches). On the plus side I'll be getting some nice fades from the creases I see.

All the e-tailers carrying Skulls have size charts showing tagged waist size and real as-measured size. When you say "Get the size that is your natural waist", do you mean the measured or tagged size? It's a critical one-inch difference...

(My Skulls are arriving next week so I'm more than curious if I sized right...I guess the proof's in the puddin' though...)

17. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

Mine have been worn for about a year on and off and washed twice but they're the one wash version. I also went with a 33 because it actually measured 32. They stretched like 2 inches in the waist...kinda too loose on me now and a little bit annoying. I'll post pictures if anyone's interested.

18. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

All the e-tailers carrying Skulls have size charts showing tagged waist size and real as-measured size. When you say "Get the size that is your natural waist", do you mean the measured or tagged size? It's a critical one-inch difference...
    Mine have been worn for about a year on and off and washed twice but they're the one wash version. I also went with a 33 because it actually measured 32. They stretched like 2 inches in the waist...kinda too loose on me now and a little bit annoying. I'll post pictures if anyone's interested.
    "true" refers to tagged size [shrinkage vs stretch factored in]. ei, i'm W31 on RRDS, so i went true W33 [w/c is my size on most japs w/similar cut] for a comfy slim fit. from there, you can size down to your preferred fit. the only difference between the raw and o/w is that with raw you have control of the shrinkage, but are sized the same on the cutting table. tho 5010XX's 6x6 are sanforized Texas cotton, the raw shrinks quite a bit more than usual. but, don't worry cuz they do stretch back out quite easily, too.

19. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior member

Could you please?

20. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

"true" refers to tagged size [shrinkage vs stretch factored in]. ei, i'm W31 on RRDS, so i went true W33 [w/c is my size on most japs w/similar cut] for a comfy slim fit. from there, you can size down to your preferred fit.

the only difference between the raw and o/w is that with raw you have control of the shrinkage, but are sized the same on the cutting table. tho 5010XX's 6x6 are sanforized Texas cotton, the raw shrinks quite a bit more than usual. but, don't worry cuz they do stretch back out quite easily, too.

+1...really helpful - thanks. I've found with many of my other raw denim that I may get as much as 2" stretch vs. maybe less than .5" shrinkage if the denim is raw and sanforized.

I know we could write an encyclopoedia on the topic, but you're saying that the manufacturer's tagged (true) size should be what I would expect after all stretch and shrinkage is done?