• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
There is a clear cut difference between voicing your opinion and asking people to examine the trade in a fair way, and vetoing my trade, then encouraging others to do so. The former is fair, and the latter, which you did - was bullshit. Grown ups should know better.

I could personally care less what you do in your other leagues. Go play with them if they put up with your antics.

Ummm...if you examine a trade in a fair way and you don't like it, you vote to veto it, right? Am I unclear in assuming that majority rules? Then you have 3 posts in favor to my one. 1 more to go before it goes through...I'm supposed to check with you about how to word something before I post it?

So that makes me a ****, unworthy of having friends, deserving of God's eternal damnation, and whatever other rantings you were spewing at 2AM last night. Do you have a life ouside fantasy sports? I REALLY DON'T CARE IF I DON'T MAKE the playoffs. Or if I lose to you. I play for the fun of it. And if I win, great...

No one else in any other league I play in acts like you. And we post to vote against trades all the time- it's usually political, and often downright funny. But we've been playing together for 5 years. And we play for money- which would tend to make people more uptight, not less...

I wouldn't have objected to the exact same posting if the situation were reversed. Why don't you have some Capn'n Crunch and take your Big Wheel for a spin so you can calm down.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
You have expressed your opinions on the few trades I've made before without attempting to organize or encourage an ill-conceived league veto. So being revisionist now is kind of stupid, isn't it? So you tell me, what's different now? Maybe its the fact that you are barely hanging onto playoff contention and you don't want to see anyone (both my team AND Carpenterrorists) better themselves and potentially make it more difficult for you to skate by with mediocre talent. Thats what makes the most sense to me. Seeing as this trade is far from as lopsided as you make it out to be.

Your actions are speaking pretty loudly... they are drowning out what you are saying.

That's because they were fair trades.

Name me a situation where I objected to one that kept you from bettering your team. IIRC you did at least one last year when you were in 4th or 5th and pulled almost even with me...

C'mon, Slim, stop spluttering for a second and name me one...

I'm l-i-s-t-e-n-i-n-g...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Ummm...if you examine a trade in a fair way and you don't like it, you vote to veto it, right? Am I unclear in assuming that majority rules? Then you have 3 posts in favor to my one. 1 more to go before it goes through...I'm supposed to check with you about how to word something before I post it?

So that makes me a ****, unworthy of having friends, deserving of God's eternal damnation, and whatever other rantings you were spewing at 2AM last night. Do you have a life ouside fantasy sports?

No one else in any other league I play in acts like you. And we post to vote against trades all the time- it's usually political, and downright funny. But we've been playing together for 5 years. And we play for money- which would tend to make people more uptight, not less...

I wouldn't have objected to the exact same posting if the situation were reversed. Why don't you have some Capn'n Crunch and take your Big Wheel for a spin so you can calm down.

Like I said, if you want to change the code of honor and sportsmanship in our league now, so be it. Vetoing other players trades without a very good reason (and your reason for doing so this time is stupid) is a very good way to keep people from wanting to play with you. If you really want to start playing dirty now, it's your decision. I will do everything in my power to annoy you and make playing fantasy sports in this league an unpleasant experience for you. So far, your attempts to justify your *****-ass behavior are not helping you. I'd just stop.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Like I said, if you want to change the code of honor and sportsmanship in our league now, so be it. Vetoing other players trades without a very good reason (and your reason for doing so this time is stupid) is a very good way to keep people from wanting to play with you. If you really want to start playing dirty now, it's your decision. I will do everything in my power to annoy you and make playing fantasy sports in this league an unpleasant experience for you. So far, your attempts to justify your *****-ass behavior are not helping you. I'd just stop.

So there's a WRITTEN code of honor and sportsmanship, or did you just make it up to justify your 5 post tirade?

Like I said, I'm going by the rules I play with in my other leagues. Wouldn't that make sense? Do you really think if I were trying to undermine you and CT I'd do it out in the open? Wouldn't I e-mail the league individually, or PM the other StyleForum members I knew?

Do you REALLY think the world revolves that much around you and whether or not your silly little Jeters Prosper or not? You're a buffoon.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Please guys, don't fight. My parents use to fight then my Uncle touched me.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
^^Please guys, don't fight. My parents use to fight then my Uncle touched me.

worship.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That's because they were fair trades.

As is this one.

Name me a situation where I objected to one that kept you from bettering your team. IIRC you did at least one last year when you were in 4th or 5th and pulled almost even with me...
Not only is this entirely not the point, you are still trying to justify being an asshole. I am not going to play that game with you. You have no excuse or justification.

I'm l-i-s-t-e-n-i-n-g
No you are not. You are trying to twist the scenario and cover your ass. If you were listening, you'd probably have said "I'm sorry, that was a douchy thing to do. I won't do it again."

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
So there's a WRITTEN code of honor and sportsmanship, or did you just make it up to justify your 5 post tirade?

No, just like there is no written law against a team out of contention trading every good player he has for some bum off the waiver wire. (which clearly is not what I did) But people who play fantasy sports for the most part follow these unwritten rules, because otherwise they are acting like complete dicks.

Like I said, I'm going by the rules I play with in my other leagues. Wouldn't that make sense? Do you really think if I were trying to undermine you and CT I'd do it out in the open? Wouldn't I e-mail the league individually, or PM the other StyleForum members I knew?
Who knows what you were thinking. But given the fact that you pulled a dick move that was unprecedented in this league, what made you believe you could get away with it here?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Again, if you want to pull this kind of **** - I will be an asshole and try my best to screw your team at any given opportunity. Don't think that just because I assumed we were all playing fair that I am averse to getting in a dirty play battle. I have been relishing my retaliation all day.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Again, if you want to pull this kind of **** - I will be an asshole and try my best to screw your team at any given opportunity. Don't think that just because I assumed we were all playing fair that I am averse to getting in a dirty play battle. I have been relishing my retaliation all day.

When you apologize for making a tempest out of a teapot and ascribing motives to me that I don't have, I'll be happy to apologize.

And at this point would it even matter? You're bound and determined to act like a child, why should I stop you?

And believe me...there are plenty of childish little moves I can make too...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
When you apologize for making a tempest out of a teapot and ascribing motives to me that I don't have, I'll be happy to apologize.

And at this point would it even matter? You're bound and determined to act like a child, why should I stop you?

And believe me...there are plenty of childish little moves I can make too...

Good, so It's on then. I hope you get what you wanted out of this season, because I'm not going to play with you again. I don't have time for your stupid **** anymore, and I don't associate myself with people like you if I can help it in both my real life and everywhere else. I only play with honest people who take responsibility for their own team and relies on skills, luck, and research to win instead of abusing the system and trying to sabotage other players.

I can't officially ignore you, because of your "position of power here" but I am no longer going to devote any of my attention to you because you aren't worth my time or energy. Enjoy it.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Good, so It's on then. I hope you get what you wanted out of this season, because I'm not going to play with you any more. I don't have time for your stupid **** anymore. I only play with honest people who take responsibility for their own team and relies on skills, luck, and research to win instead of abusing the system and trying to sabotage other players.

All this over posting a disagreement with your trade?

A page of vitriol for something I do all the time in every other fantasy league?

Are you mentally unbalanced???

News Flash: I quit. You win. I know you gotta have it- tiny boy with the huge ego.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
OK- here's a sensible approach. Let's post a poll on here or on the league site re this.

If i Lose, I will apologize. Vociferously.

Likewise if you lose.

You're in 2nd. You have much more to lose in a mud-slinging war...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I really don't want to have anything to do with your insincere apologies or begging for vindication. You should not need anyone else's "opinion" to know that you just pulled some shady, unsportsmanlike ****, and when called on it, refuse to own up to it. Do whatever you want. I will not waste my time trying to fairly compete in a league with someone who doesn't believe in fair competition, only what benefits him. I am not going to finish this season. The thought of dealing with you at all appeals to me less than the thought of losing and invalidating all the work I've put into this season. Unfortunaely for you, I play the four teams immediately surrounding you in the standings. Enjoy overcoming a ten point defecit every week from here to the playoffs.

Now stop talking to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads