• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black Lace-Up boots...

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erbs
Can anyone recommend the best place to get black Red Wing GTs? I bought my Black Cherry GTs from Revolve but they don't carry them any more, and Cultizm is out of my size.

If you have a Red Wing store in the area, that always gets my recommendation (can try them on and walk out with them)...
wink.gif

Zappos has them, but they're called "Beckman" now. Odd.

alx win

Reaction score
They are nice, but something is iffy about em. they seem tooo floppy lol. Wish I had enough money for Wings and Horns. You can purchase them from a Canadian website for 590 Shipped !!!!!

Lachy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alx win
I thought the wings and horns were nott "chunky" boots, but they seem to look good tucked in IMO. Would the PS or the Buttero look more similar to this?????

2qny6oh.jpg

Talking about PS Ricards? No, they are quite a slim boot, they won't tuck well.

Swish36

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
Personally, I really like these Tim Hamilton boots:

tim-hamilton-combat-boots.jpg

combatboot2_large.jpg

Wow these look good. Especially with the Slim jeans.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lachy
Talking about PS Ricards? No, they are quite a slim boot, they won't tuck well.
With skinny jeans or a well tapered pair of jeans, I believe the jeans would be "tuck-able" in PS Ricards as well.

Lachy

Reaction score
Have to be pretty damn skinny, IMO. The W+H, while not overly chunky, are definetly more so than the Ricards. But, I guess it also comes down to the individual. I might tuck with W+H, I wouldn't with Ricards, I rock a slim rather than skinny though.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want something like that for FW next year. That and a Julius leather
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the Tim Hamilton's so much but way out of my price range. Would rock that **** John Connor style.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lachy
Have to be pretty damn skinny, IMO. The W+H, while not overly chunky, are definetly more so than the Ricards. But, I guess it also comes down to the individual. I might tuck with W+H, I wouldn't with Ricards, I rock a slim rather than skinny though.

Not necessarily. In this pic, it seems like it might work by just loosening up the laces a bit.
I mean I know this picture isn't exactly the same as the pic the W&H pic but it isn't too farfetch.
ps_ric10.jpg

alx win

Reaction score
The ricards seem a lot more skinny I'm not sure they look good tucked in. Ricards are also way to dress IMO to be tucked in. I think that boots that look good tucked in have a wider opening like the buttero work boots. HEREs a pic of PS ricard tucked. What do yall think? Too dressy??? It looks awkward to me
014.jpg

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alx win
The ricards seem a lot more skinny I'm not sure they look good tucked in. Ricards are also way to dress IMO to be tucked in. I think that boots that look good tucked in have a wider opening like the buttero work boots.

HEREs a pic of PS ricard tucked. What do yall think? Too dressy??? It looks awkward to me
014.jpg

That does look too dressy, looks like a military boots that officers would wear with their camo's tucked in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads