• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RTW Corthay Wilfred spectators

Four Aces

Reaction score
Gaz,

Great catch. The shoes are too sexy for you to wear and Mrs. Gaz may not like you wearing them to get female attentions. So, what to do ? Pass them to me at half of your cost, kakakaka :)

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Gaz i really cant beleive you went thru and got these THING'S!!!
devil.gif

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree
hmm not feeling it

I dont know if its my "conservative side" but im not feeling it either but they are obviously a stunning shoe and ooze class !!

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Corthay and AUBERCY are very creative and are more designed for the urban Dandy than the CEO...
It is not my cup of tea but we all have different taste making this forum interesting.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow up comments. I noticed that the nay comments are much more constructive and civilised. Looks like either the juviniles have left due to the recession or grown up a little.
smile.gif

This is certainly not a conversative pair but it does add a bit of flair to the rotation.

Gaz

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gazman70k
Thanks for the follow up comments. I noticed that the nay comments are much more constructive and civilised. Looks like either the juviniles have left due to the recession or grown up a little.
smile.gif

This is certainly not a conversative pair but it does add a bit of flair to the rotation.

Gaz

An SF first! I think we're becoming soft, gentlemen.
tounge.gif

clintonf

Reaction score
Hi, Whilst I'm not 100% on the colours I really think the shoes have some sophistication about them and I like them very much.

I may get blasted for this, but I really do like shoes that stand out (in the correct environment). Not in a flash, or garish way. But in a way that can provide a conversation point with people who may not be well versed in shoes.

So, well done for being so "daring". I just wished that I could afford something similar
eh.gif

Clint

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We sometimes forget watching one picture that particular pair of shoes is part of an overall collection..
It is easier for someone having already every shoe colours and styles under the sun to pick up a more risky pair than for the beginners...
Somebody asked me once why I did order a pair of bespoke shoes with a deep wine colour, the answer is most likely that I have already enough brown/black/burgundy oxfords or derbys and I really ewanted something different this time.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
We sometimes forget watching one picture that particular pair of shoes is part of an overall collection..
It is easier for someone having already every shoe colours and styles under the sun to pick up a more risky pair than for the beginners...
Somebody asked me once why I did order a pair of bespoke shoes with a deep wine colour, the answer is most likely that I have already enough brown/black/burgundy oxfords or derbys and I really ewanted something different this time.

Cha ching!!!
fing02[1].gif

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Four Aces
Gaz,

Great catch. The shoes are too sexy for you to wear and Mrs. Gaz may not like you wearing them to get female attentions. So, what to do ? Pass them to me at half of your cost, kakakaka :)

Now why did you have to drag Mrs Gaz into this. I'll email Mrs Four Aces a link to the purse forum.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhcam8
I have a vague memory that these are galoshes not specs. Regardless, they're certainly interesting.

Originally Posted by gazman70k
According to wikipedia, and not claiming that wikipedia is 100% accurate, "Galoshes (from French: galoches), also known as gumshoes, dickersons, or overshoes, are a type of rubber boot that is slipped over shoes to keep them from getting muddy or wet. The word Galoshes might be used interchangeably with boot, especially a rubberized boot. "

Maybe you were thinking of something else but if I have misused the term "spectators" then I stand corrected.

This may shed light:
http://www.mensflair.com/style-advic...-city-shoe.php
http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/...-day-wear.html

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads