1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RTW Corthay Wilfred spectators

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gazman70k, Jun 15, 2009.

1. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

We sometimes forget watching one picture that particular pair of shoes is part of an overall collection..
    It is easier for someone having already every shoe colours and styles under the sun to pick up a more risky pair than for the beginners...
    Somebody asked me once why I did order a pair of bespoke shoes with a deep wine colour, the answer is most likely that I have already enough brown/black/burgundy oxfords or derbys and I really ewanted something different this time.

2. gazman70k

gazman70k Senior member

Beijing | Hong Kong | Manila | Shanghai | Singapor
    We sometimes forget watching one picture that particular pair of shoes is part of an overall collection..
    It is easier for someone having already every shoe colours and styles under the sun to pick up a more risky pair than for the beginners...
    Somebody asked me once why I did order a pair of bespoke shoes with a deep wine colour, the answer is most likely that I have already enough brown/black/burgundy oxfords or derbys and I really ewanted something different this time.

Cha ching!!! [​IMG]

3. gazman70k

gazman70k Senior member

Gaz,

Great catch. The shoes are too sexy for you to wear and Mrs. Gaz may not like you wearing them to get female attentions. So, what to do ? Pass them to me at half of your cost, kakakaka :)

Now why did you have to drag Mrs Gaz into this. I'll email Mrs Four Aces a link to the purse forum.

4. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

I have a vague memory that these are galoshes not specs. Regardless, they're certainly interesting.

According to wikipedia, and not claiming that wikipedia is 100% accurate, "Galoshes (from French: galoches), also known as gumshoes, dickersons, or overshoes, are a type of rubber boot that is slipped over shoes to keep them from getting muddy or wet. The word Galoshes might be used interchangeably with boot, especially a rubberized boot. "

Maybe you were thinking of something else but if I have misused the term "spectators" then I stand corrected.

This may shed light:
    http://www.mensflair.com/style-advic...-city-shoe.php
    http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/...-day-wear.html

5. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

6. ziggyosk

ziggyosk Senior member

Here's pair #2 as part of the recent shoe shopping spree - RTW Corthay Wilfred in old wood calf and Parisian brown suede calf. This is my first foray into the world of spectators and I find the combination rather interesting, to say the least. These were made to the 002 last, which works better for me since the 001 last runs too long and narrow and the retailer didn't carry half sizes or any widths other than E.

[​IMG]

I think that shoe is badassss! Love the combo

7. furo

furo Senior member

Too much flare for me, but they look like great workmanship...

Might be a good shoe for a single guy looking to stand out in a crowd

8. gazman70k

gazman70k Senior member

9. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

We all started our collection with classic versatile shoes but after a few years of collecting blackand browns ,we all need to go further by creating our own patinas and colours.
    Your shoes are very unusual and creative ,congratulations...