• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

misterbryan

Reaction score
Arn't PS the Slimmest fit for APCs? ---- My actual waist size is 30. So if i want to size down 2. Do i size down from the tagged size or the actual waist size? According to ContextClothing, the waist size of a tagged 26 is actually 28. So do i get a tagged 26 or a tagged 28? http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=665 People say you size down from the tagged size, but i still dont get why you do that.. Cause a tagged 28 is actually 30 waist. So it wouldn't even be that tight.. Thanks.

HelloIDistance

Reaction score
Originally Posted by misterbryan
Arn't PS the slimiest fit for APCs?
----

My actual waist size is 30.
So if i want to size down 2. Do i size down from the tagged size or the actual waist size?

According to ContextClothing, the waist size of a tagged 26 is actually 28. So do i get a tagged 26 or a tagged 28?
http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=665

People say you size down from the tagged size, but i still dont get why you do that..
Cause a tagged 28 is actually 30 waist. So it wouldn't even be that tight..

Thanks.

If you measured where you want your jeans to sit and it measures 30, then I would get the 26. It would actually be a 28 (like you said) and that would be two sizes down. Thats how I measured for my APC. My waist is 34, so I bought a size 30. Now a little after two months they fit near perfect.

flesy

Reaction score
^^^

If you want to size down 2 You would get a size 28. But I'd reccomend getting a size 27.

HelloIDistance

Reaction score
Originally Posted by flesy
^^^ If you want to size down 2 You would get a size 28. But I'd reccomend getting a size 27.
No, getting a 28 would be sizing down zero. A tagged 28 measures 30 right when you get it..

misterbryan

Reaction score
^thats what i was thinking but people tell me something else.
Originally Posted by HelloIDistance
If you measured where you want your jeans to sit and it measures 30, then I would get the 26. It would actually be a 28 (like you said) and that would be two sizes down. Thats how I measured for my APC. My waist is 34, so I bought a size 30. Now a little after two months they fit near perfect.
Originally Posted by flesy
^^^ If you want to size down 2 You would get a size 28. But I'd reccomend getting a size 27.
Telling me different things thats why i get confused.
eh.gif
Distance is telling me to size down from my actual waist size and then see what tagged size that is and Flsy is telling me to substract from 30 and get that size.

heybigmoney

Reaction score
Worn my 27ns (sized down 3) for about a week and the waist, ass, and thighs are still a bit tight. Still have to struggle to button up but what im really worried about is the thighs. Ive heard that they dont stretch much and right now they look painted on. Ive been considering sizing up to 28 for more thigh room but im finding lots of conflicting measurements online. Is there a difference in thigh measurements between a 27 and 28?

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PC can stretch up to an inch in the thigh (half an inch straight across laying flat - full inch all around). Every pair I've ever owned has stretched exactly that much in the thighs. Take that info and decide whether an extra inch in thigh room would give you the desired fit, or size up.

westcoastkidd

Reaction score
i just bought a pair of NS's in size 29 and the previous owner has worn it for 4 months and they're baggy almost everywhere..... thighs, knee, waist....
so my question is, do APC NS shrink after a warm wash/soak? or should i just size down?

flesy

Reaction score
They shrink a bit in the wash but usually stretch back out. They might not stretch out as much as they are right now so you maybe washing it will help.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads