• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got my shirts back from MyTailor.com! How do they look?

Pasha

Reaction score
My Jantzen shirts shrunk so much after the first wash that I threw them away.

BABuckeye

Reaction score
Oh, about the sleeves...if you wear a sportocat, it can have a smaller arm hole than your shirt sleeves. This results in the coat pushing your sleeve up at the armhole and effectively shortening it. So if you want some cuff to show (as SF advocates), then your sleeves look fine.

mintyfresh

Reaction score
Considering the shirt is not yet washed and your big / muscular (no ****) frame, i would say the fit suits you well.

Anything tighter would be too much.

kimchikowboy

Reaction score
OP -- Fabrics look nice. I especially like the last pattern.
To the others posting here (and not meaning to hijack the thread), the shrinkage occurs in the dryer, right? I live in Korea and keep getting shirts that are too big, despite telling the shirtmaker I want them smaller. Maybe they are taking shrinkage into consideration. However, they are washed by hand and dried on a hanger. If I use a dryer, will they shrink?
Thanks.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kimchikowboy
OP -- Fabrics look nice. I especially like the last pattern.
To the others posting here (and not meaning to hijack the thread), the shrinkage occurs in the dryer, right? I live in Korea and keep getting shirts that are too big, despite telling the shirtmaker I want them smaller. Maybe they are taking shrinkage into consideration. However, they are washed by hand and dried on a hanger. If I use a dryer, will they shrink?
Thanks.

Yes they will. I dry mine with low heat for 10 minutes. They don't shrink that way but are still dry enough to be worn the next morning.

bamaster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Azure
Leave wynstrol depot man!

Funny! Not nearly that big yet. I'm working on it though.

The thing is that if I buy a shirt from the store, let's say about $50 from Macy's. My local tailor charges $14 to bring in the sides and $18 to rebuild the shoulders. By the time it's all said and done, I could have bought a MTM shirt.

And got better fabric. Custom details. Better fit.

I was really worried about this purchase. Worried that they would fit too tightly. So far, I'm very pleased with the construction. Ram was great with me and he encouraged me to see him again during his next trip. He'll be in Houston next week and I will order a couple more. I do need a couple solids.

MiloX

Reaction score
Funny... my eye went straight to the damplifier pro.

Doing some install work bam?

Back on topic... give them a couple of washes. They'll shrink.

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you get a tailor fit, they look a little boxy.

bamaster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiloX
Funny... my eye went straight to the damplifier pro.

Doing some install work bam?

Back on topic... give them a couple of washes. They'll shrink.

Haha! I didn't even see that in the pictures.

Yeah, I'm upgrading my head unit to an Alpine 9887 and my door components to Hybrid Audio L6 and L1 Pros. Need to deaden the doors first.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sleeves look long, definetly wait a few washes to have them altered.

Have your tailor dart the back, it'll trim up the waist.

bamaster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bowtielover
Did you get a tailor fit, they look a little boxy.

Yes, Ram Keswani from MyTailor.com measured me.

MiloX

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bamaster
Haha! I didn't even see that in the pictures. Yeah, I'm upgrading my head unit to an Alpine 9887 and my door components to Hybrid Audio L6 and L1 Pros. Need to deaden the doors first.
The legatia's are pretty nice drivers. Got ****** handed to me at IASCA finals in 07 by a set of legs. Although I spanked his truck earlier in the year. The guys at Hybrid went all out to make sure Dave was going to win. And win he did. Handily. My car was no slouch either. Scott and Bill had Dave's truck sounding great. Since I have totally derailed your thread.... What kind of power will they be seeing? Competing?

DandySF

Reaction score
My first order with MyTailor was pretty good, but the the shirts needed to be taken in around the torso and shortened in the sleeves. I pinned the shirts and sent them back to MyTailor for alterations. They came back fitting fine. Orders since then have been dead on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics