• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FIH House Label Ties

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
The "Made in Italy" prints are very nice, made from (it appears) the same English silk that Kiton uses. It's a different weave than the one used by Marinella and Cappelli, a little thicker, with the ribs running crosswise rather than up and down. Drakes sometimes uses this silk as well, though they also use the Marinella/Capelli kind. The quality is very good. The price is a steal at $50 or $60 for full retail.

Soporific!

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
The "Made in Italy" prints are very nice, made from (it appears) the same English silk that Kiton uses. It's a different weave than the one used by Marinella and Cappelli, a little thicker, with the ribs running crosswise rather than up and down. Drakes sometimes uses this silk as well, though they also use the Marinella/Capelli kind. The quality is very good. The price is a steal at $50 or $60 for full retail.

Soporific!

Thanks for the info.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. That's high praise. I have a woven silk FIH tie that I love but never had a Kiton for comparison.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bored.gif
How many soporific ties do you igents need?

I do think I need a tie for conservative business dress and was thinking of something like this:

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Soporific!

Are you a shareholder?
smile.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrCool1978
Are you a shareholder?
smile.gif

I believe it is privately held.

Jonathan is a source for my Marinella obsession, but I now have two of his own label ties. Given the ginormous price differential, it is hard to justify the Marinellas. Still, I manage.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe it is privately held.

Jonathan is a source for my Marinella obsession, but I now have two of his own label ties. Given the ginormous price differential, it is hard to justify the Marinellas. Still, I manage.

Yes I know, my brother is heading over to Italy in a couple of weeks and I have been showing what I want him to bring me back.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will someone give give a quick run down on the Marinella tie hierachy. I am curious about the ones available at Four In Hand v. the ones at BG v. the ones that Foof flew around the world to purchase (and later liquidate)? Thanks.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
funny that this thread comes up, I've been eyeing a hanful from the website.

Can anybody elaborate on how wide they are?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kuro
Will someone give give a quick run down on the Marinella tie hierachy. I am curious about the ones available at Four In Hand v. the ones at BG v. the ones that Foof flew around the world to purchase (and later liquidate)? Thanks.
Foof's were bespoke.

I think the ties are all the same. FIH's come direct from Italy, from the shop. The only difference is that the label just says "Marinella" rather than "Marinella for BG". That, and the price is lower.

Originally Posted by gomestar
Can anybody elaborate on how wide they are?
About 3.75"

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any discount codes?

rob

Reaction score
Any word on the quality of the ties other than prints?

Thanks.

Rob

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank Manton for the praise.

While MOST are 3.75, the last two seasons (FH80H and FH60I) have been 3.5 at the widest but significantly narrower further up so that its about 2.5 15 inches up.

As far as the other house label ties, you can see some writeups here
and in the many opther threads posted in this post from this thread

Of course I remain available for any questions you may have as well as assistance in picturing the ties with shirts and suits so you can see what the tie may look life in action.

To that end you can check out the new blog.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rob
Any word on the quality of the ties other than prints?

Thanks.

Rob

I don't have any of the wovens, and the designs are not my style, but the prints are right up my alley.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads