• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Maybe try Lutens Fumerie Turque. Maharlika is a big fan of this one; I liked it pretty well and think it might fit the bill for you, though for me not enough to buy another after my bottle ran out.
I want a leather scent cos my cuiron just ran out. How does Timbuktu and Lutens FT stack against Cuiron?

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried out a roll on of CdG Red: Rose today. Not sure how I feel about it yet. Initially I was a bit taken aback by the berry and tartness...however the prominent rose dry down was really quite nice, but I think the opening was too much. Lasted almost all day which was nice. Will try again a few more times this week.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Blenheim Bouquet, but following up on a few days of Mitsuoko. My wife bought it for herself, after feeling compelled to visit our local perfume guy and buy something so he doesn't close (she also got some YSL Rive Gauche, which is a lot like the Calandre that she already wears sometimes). I liked the Mitsoko and took it for myself, which is fair since she took my YSL Rive Gauche pour homme.

Now, Douro

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flame
I want a leather scent cos my cuiron just ran out. How does Timbuktu and Lutens FT stack against Cuiron?
All three are really quite different. I don't really think of Timbuktu and FT when I think of leather or Cuiron. If you want a different take on leather, try the softer suede-ilicious Lutens Daim Blond or Cuir mauresque. Another nice take on leather is Parfum d'empire Cuir d'ottoman. Anyway, my SOTD today is Guerlain Terracotta Voile d'ete... good for this rainy, wet, yucky day.

MLIW

Reaction score
Paul Smith london - thought it to be fairly suitable as I have just returned from london!

Dane

Reaction score
Malin+Goetz Synthesized Musk.
smile.gif

Jerome

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today Santal/Floris. I must say that it is not my fav. one...have actually bought it inspired by some posts here or some blog that mentioned it favourably- but its somehow too sweet for me-(not that bad though)...I actually prefer either more citrus or leathery ones, it seems, depending on the season.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mr's Hublot Holiday by CB I Hate Perfume

Dane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xerxes
You know in old Persia we had this deer that is living near china, the musk from the gland in the dear was very good scent. I don't know if it's legal to kill it, but it should be easy they don't have teeth. Just find one and take the gland, soak in water for a time and it sprays so nice of a smell.

Gross.

Alternatively, you could skip killing small animals and soaking their naughty bits....and go buy a bottle of something.

Gross.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xerxes
You know in old Persia we had this deer that is living near china, the musk from the gland in the dear was very good scent. I don't know if it's legal to kill it, but it should be easy they don't have teeth. Just find one and take the gland, soak in water for a time and it sprays so nice of a smell.

Well wow. I didn't realize that Persia and China were neighbors. I thought there was that little Russia country in the way between y'all. Not to mention that musk deer are endangered and harvesting them for their butt glands is illegal now. Try whale barf instead, if you can find it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads