• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking nice-ish in summer heat

Kill_switch

Reaction score
i picked up a pair of white chino shorts from jcrew and i need to pick up another color of chino shorts and some button-ups this weekend.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Those shoes are gonna kill you in that heat. Are those pants really linen? I'd go for a lighter color. And that turqoise button-up is pretty hard to match with anything, I'd get a more neutral color.
tongue.gif

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Those shoes are gonna kill you in that heat. Are those pants really linen? I'd go for a lighter color. And that turqoise button-up is pretty hard to match with anything, I'd get a more neutral color.
tongue.gif

Desert boots kill you in the heat? Well thats ironic. The pants are cotton/linen. I can't really imagine wearing them with anything but desert boots since the leg openings are freakishly wide. I think I might just scrap the pants idea, buy a couple pairs of slim-fit shorts, run to H&M for a couple neutral button-ups and snag a pair of brown leather Sperrys. I think that should do it. I'm only going to be there for 5 days or so anyways.

Eason-approved plan of action?
smile.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
That sounds good, but for it to be me-approved you have to get everything tailored to fit your skin. You won't be able to take the clothes off, they'll have to be cut with the jaws of life.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
That sounds good, but for it to be me-approved you have to get everything tailored to fit your skin. You won't be able to take the clothes off, they'll have to be cut with the jaws of life.

That works for me.
I dont think Florida wants me to take my clothes off anyway.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got a Shipley and Halmos polo yesterday from Farinellis and my god its perfect for the summer.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thread title is an oxymoron...I don't give a **** about nice-ish when that Louisiana humidity kicks in, because everything gets coated in sweat anyway. AA summer shirts, lo v necks, cutoff BDUs or lo/JCrew chinos, etc.

The one thing I don't do is flip flops, for a lot of reasons; wicking socks and hype sneakz, brah. Sometimes climate trumps fashunz.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads