• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stylish eye glasses

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did you post on sufu saying the customer service wasn't responding?
Do what I did, buy both sizes of your glasses and return the one you don't like.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good online source for metal or rimless frames with a saddle bridge?
I'm having trouble finding them.

rxcats

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopamine
I just picked these up as my new pair of glasses for class and night driving. I love them
smile.gif
. The color is quite nice too, a dark reddish brown that stands out a bit from the myriad black frames you see people wearing these days.

GG_1575U_0AOT.jpg

I believe those are the exact same glasses I ordered last Monday at Glitter Optics at Union Square. I don't get them for another week as they have to send out for my lenses (bad astigmatism). I don't know the model as my receipt just says "Gucci Rx Frame". What model are those? I paid $215.20 for the frames; I think I got some discount for being a VSP member. The total with the lenses came to $635.20 as I have high-index progressives (first time for progressive/bifocal type; getting old) with antireflection and whatever else they can add to bump up the price!

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Very very nice.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by third
anyone believe they could help with moscot sizing? i've tried on a pair of milts in 46/22 that fit but slid down my nose a bit too easily. i'm more interested in lemtosh, but notice that the lem 46 is their smallest while the milt 46 is their largest. without living in ny, i'm trying to figure out which size on the lemtosh to go for while keeping in mind that i hope to correct the sliding trouble. customer support is nonresponsive.

Did you ask anyone to adjust them for you or IF it was adjustable? Plastic frames can be adjusted so that they dont droop down. You dont want a tiny frame that is uncomfortable because you didnt know you could have them adjusted. my 2 cents

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Can anyone recommend a good online source for metal or rimless frames with a saddle bridge?
I'm having trouble finding them.

I dont know of any, but why do you want a saddle bridge? Is it because you have a high Rx or just because you like them? Not a lot of people look for saddle bridges...

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Partly because the bridge of my nose is relatively high, but mostly because I'd like more vintage-inspired frames without having to buy flimsy vintage frames.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Partly because the bridge of my nose is relatively high, but mostly because I'd like more vintage-inspired frames without having to buy flimsy vintage frames.

Saddles bridges are good, but it will be hard to find frames unless they are real vintages (not vintage remakes). I have not seen many newer frames with saddles bridges unless it is for kids. good luck (no sarcasm), I will keep my eyes peeled for some.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
Mykita is very good quality and style. 2 thumbs up!

thanks, these are actually my second pair, i also have a pair of IC Berlins as well...

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
Saddles bridges are good, but it will be hard to find frames unless they are real vintages (not vintage remakes). I have not seen many newer frames with saddles bridges unless it is for kids. good luck (no sarcasm), I will keep my eyes peeled for some.
Thanks. A simple nickel or titanium finish would be perfect. I like these, except I'm not crazy about the lens shape. My face is a bit narrow and long, so maybe they would look ok?
eyeglasses_2041_166862324
Although, at $50, these vintage frames might be worth trying.
244541358_tp.jpg

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TJS1589
I just got a some glasses. They are Scott Harris. I like them. Not to bad expensive.

I think these are the ones I was looking at today. Anybody know anything about this brand (Scott Harris)?

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
thanks, these are actually my second pair, i also have a pair of IC Berlins as well...

another good choice. If you are looking for something lighter an still strong, try Lindberg or Minima. Minima is a smaller French company but very good quality. My 2 cents

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. A simple nickel or titanium finish would be perfect. I like these, except I'm not crazy about the lens shape. My face is a bit narrow and long, so maybe they would look ok?

Although, at $50, these vintage frames might be worth trying.

I dont know the size of your face and the size of those glasses but from what you explain, in theory you would want a deep lens, either square or round is okay, but you want a deep lens. If you get something too narrow it will make your face look longer. (I dont mean to offend you, Im just trying to help)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads