• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stylish eye glasses

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I know what you mean and I agree. I have a pair of Gucci plastic frames with lenses that are too narrow, and they look terrible. The bottom of the frames are rimless, so I could always get deeper frames made. Part of the appeal of rimless frames to me is that I can put any size/shape lens in them. Plus, they practically disappear. Thanks for the help!

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
^I know what you mean and I agree. I have a pair of Gucci plastic frames with lenses that are too narrow, and they look terrible. The bottom of the frames are rimless, so I could always get deeper frames made. Part of the appeal of rimless frames to me is that I can put any size/shape lens in them. Plus, they practically disappear. Thanks for the help!

Rimless is a great solution for many reasons. In the hands of a good optician, they can make the shape the right size while also controlling edge thickness.

I said it before and I will say it again, go out and try on the glasses. It looks different on the board and when its on your face....

Curious_George

Reaction score
I'm in need of some new glasses soon and I've decided to pass on plastic this time around and go with some titanium frames. I really like these shape wise, but I believe they won't fit my temple (also I don't care for brown that much).
yhst-50888373590496_2050_76931874
http://www.contactsandspecs.com/freu...118613144.html Can anyone suggest some other similar, quality titanium frames? edit: Also, does anyone know of a good eyewear store in Minneapolis/St. Paul area?

babyfazt09

Reaction score
It's only today that I've learned that eye glasses are of different types and styles. I'm not wearing one, though. I still can't imagine myself wearing eye glasses.
eh.gif
I dont know if i'm still good to look at when I wear one or what.

chrispy179

Reaction score
I have a pair of plastic frame glasses and i find that they sometimes tend to slip off my nose, especially when my face gets sweaty. Anyone know how this can be fixed?

skiwebster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrispy179
I have a pair of plastic frame glasses and i find that they sometimes tend to slip off my nose, especially when my face gets sweaty. Anyone know how this can be fixed?

rough up the bridge with some sandpaper

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skiwebster
rough up the bridge with some sandpaper
DO NOT do that. The skin on your nose is very sensitive. It will leave red marks, if it doesnt cut the skin. There are clear sticky pads that you can buy. Insert them on the inside of the nose pad. BUT, they are sliding down because... 1.) nose bridge doesnt fit well 2.) its not adjusted properly Try taking them into an optical and asking them to adjust them.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"If I'm still good to look at"

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that without tongue in cheek.

kss114

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Curious_George
I'm in need of some new glasses soon and I've decided to pass on plastic this time around and go with some titanium frames. I really like these shape wise, but I believe they won't fit my temple (also I don't care for brown that much).

yhst-50888373590496_2050_76931874

http://www.contactsandspecs.com/freu...118613144.html

Can anyone suggest some other similar, quality titanium frames?

edit: Also, does anyone know of a good eyewear store in Minneapolis/St. Paul area?

go to specs optical on south hennepin. he has a great selection of frames; might have that brand too. not cheap, though.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
Opinions?
2855V_24.jpg
persol-2893V-eyeglasses-194.jpg

I like. But to each their own. A lot of companies make it like that style. Look for a good quality acetate frame with strong hinges and you sould be in good shape. Look up Kio Yamato, O&X or Martin & Martin. Good quality stuff.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations, certainly helped as I only know mainstream brands.

dave

Reaction score
I would also recommend martin & martin. I had a pair of their "Paul" model for 3 years and wore them several times a week and they actually still look nearly new. The only reason I retired them is because I have a new prescription and I always take the opportunity to get new frames. I'm actually likely to get the new script fitted in them as a backup black pair as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads