• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

Kregg

Reaction score
Ah, fades are much more apparent in the second pics.

I know what you mean about the time situation. It's a shame we can't generate great fades while sitting on our ass. Our jeans would be sick.

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
img1306p.jpg

Uniqlo jeans. I don't know how often I've worn these and how many times I've washed them.

mrmofoness

Reaction score
Wore them for around 10+ months (give or take) 7 days a week. Kinda stopped wearing them after TAO. Had to hand wash them cause i yak'd all over the front of my APC NS's. Heres my jeans prewash...I'll post pics tomorrow or whenever my denim dries post wash.
smile.gif
IMG_0001.jpg
IMG_0004.jpg
IMG_0018.jpg
You can see all the yak on the front...yuck!!!
IMG_0016.jpg

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woah mrmofoness, you need a bit more than a handwash on the front of those New Standards. Fades be damned, get those F***ers clean.

Pink, how often were those 5ep worn?

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice, I'm reaching the critical wash or soak moment with my apc's. As with a lot of others in this thread, I've been sitting on ****** for the most part. Fades are minimal, but they are starting to form. I was leaning towards a hot soak, but now I'm thinking a cold wash might be better. Not really looking for high contrast fades, but I would like them to be noticeable. Either way, I'll figure it out by Easter and make sure to post pics.

mrmofoness

Reaction score
Dried over night, minimal fading i guess oh well, just gotta wear em more and not yak on them again...lights kinda bright, i was so excited i just took a few pics and tried em on

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

To Sir with Love

Reaction score
IMG_2593-1.jpg

IMG_2594.jpg

IMG_2595.jpg

IMG_2596.jpg

These are my new RRLs after about 4 hrs. of use. They are the raw/dry straight leg ones that retail for $210. They were a stiff as cardboard when I received them. The waist felt just a bit loose and folded over about ¼ inch in the back with my belt tightened to its usual notch. I did a hot soak for about 25 min., followed by a cold rinse, then rolled them up in a towel before hanging them outside for about an hour. It wasn't too hot today, so they still felt wet when I put them on and started wearing them around the house, making sure to spend some time sitting and doing a few deep knee bends every now and then. They seem to fit better now, but only very slightly and mainly, I think, because they aren't quite as stiff and had a chance to mold to my body when they were wet. They are not tight but I don't feel the fabric folding over in the back even with my belt nice and tight and it takes a little effort to get my hands into the pockets so I feel like the fit is pretty good. They are a bit loose in the rear, but if I had a bigger ass, they would be about perfect. I'm happy with the amount of stacking at the ankle and the knee creases seem to be getting off to a good start. I'm going to wear these as often and for as long as I can before soaking (or washing) again. This pair of jeans is my first semi-serious piece of denim, but I'm pretty happy so far. (sorry for the essay)

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pibbs
This may be true. There's not much chance for an engineering student to get out and do crazy things, unfortunately...

I wake up each morning with the mission to try to put myself in the hospital. It shows.

You don't see the med students out doing crazy **** with their lives....they leave it up to the engineers!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads