• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yuketen Footwear

Johnny Amiga

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lostinthesupermarket
Is that where some of the proceeds of our transaction went?
smile.gif

Not just some, ALL.
biggrin.gif

I got the ones in Buckaroo tobacco, they all do look beautiful though.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so ranger moccs vs quoddy boat shoes ... is it worth the price difference?

is there an easy way to get yuketen ranger moccs in the US other than oi polloi (dont wanna pay shipping, customs, and exchange rates)? can you order direct from yuketen like quoddy?

Lostinthesupermarket

Reaction score
It's not really a fair comparison since Ranger Moccs and the Quoddy Boat shoes have nothing in common except they both use moccasin construction.The Ranger Mocc is much more substantial.

Yuketen also do a boat shoe model which I know Bergdorfs in NYC have in stock right now. If that is what you are after, you should give them a call.

If you do, please ask them which other Yuketen models they have in stock and let us know.

wiru

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
is there an easy way to get yuketen ranger moccs in the US other than oi polloi (dont wanna pay shipping, customs, and exchange rates)? can you order direct from yuketen like quoddy?
The pound is so weak now that the price from Oipolloi is almost certainly cheaper than Bergdorf's. And fwiw, I have never had a customs charge on an Oipolloi order

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are there no other stockists right now besides BG and oi polloi? need moar!

Lostinthesupermarket

Reaction score
Meg seems to be a distribution company but I think that Yuki Matsuda from Yuketen is one of the principals there. He has answered emails I have sent to Meg. I don't know what the legal relationship between the two is though...

I'm not sure that Bergdorf sell the Ranger Moccs...and if they do it won't be in the same colorways sice the ones Oi Polloi have are exclusive to them and Japan.

BTW I was told that Yuketen are not made by Quoddy. Apparently the companies did work together in the past, but no longer.

Also the hybrid Goodyear boots will not be out until September.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can yuo not order direct from them like quoddy?

why are all of these american made companies so hard to order from? they cater to europe and japan and not to their own country

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Damn how much and where for the white ones

deadstock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lostinthesupermarket
BTW I was told that Yuketen are not made by Quoddy. Apparently the companies did work together in the past, but no longer.

Really? Where did you hear that? Maybe because of Quoddy's recent price increase? I have noticed that some of the newer Yuketen models no longer have the Quoddy-esque logo on the insole. Yuketen seems to have moved on from the generic Quoddy shoe bags and packaging as well.

Hmmm. Are there other companies in the USA capeable of producing handmade moccasins of this quality? Russel and Alden come to mind, but... I'd be interested to know more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics