• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yuketen Footwear

Lostinthesupermarket

Reaction score
They are doing another run of Ranger Moccs in the Buckaroo Tobacco for anyone that's interested. They are going to Oi Polloi, who should have them by the end of April.

Willy Nilly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Just got a pair of the ranger mocs today (thanks mrsmiff!) and they're pretty awesome. Much nicer than quoddy and ralph lauren mocs.

Shoe Appreciation pls!

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lostinthesupermarket
That's weird because I rang BG at the start of March and they quoted me about $180-190 for the boat shoe. Are American Rag that much more expensive or are my wires crossed?
I'll double check this weekend. Might pick one of the 3 up.

Now, onto some pr0n. These are from FW08 I believe:

DSCF8820.jpg

DSCF8819.jpg

DSCF8818.jpg

DSCF8817.jpg

DSCF8816.jpg

Lostinthesupermarket

Reaction score
Nice shoes timpoblete. It's the penny loafer I presume?I really like the colour. It's a bit like Alden's cigar.

I did get my wires crossed about BG's Yuketen prices. A friend just bought scotch-grain boat shoes there and paid circa $280 for them. I must have misheard the first digit.

For Lel, PinkPantser and jet asking about the suede boot; these are the hi-top version of the Yuketen buck and won't be available until fall. There is a regular shoe version of this with the trad brick-red Vibram sole available for summer. Colours are the same: tan, white and navy.

At the moment I've got a line on the brown hunting boot with the herringbone shaft, but I am undecided. I don't know if I would ever wear them given that I don't have to catch and kill my own food.

itsjustadrian

Reaction score
I'd keep them just for the fact that I love those shoes so much. I don't think I could ever afford them though.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
Thanks mikey34! I'm undecided on whether I'm keeping these. My wide feet just don't look right in these beauties
frown.gif

Are you referring to the narrow look they have, or do they just not fit?

I've been enjoying mine though, and I think I have room in my life for a pair of those chukkas and back zipper boots.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
what size did you get? ^^
US12. They fit me better than my Quoddy and Ralph Lauren mocs. I'd like some of their boat shoes too, but $260 or whatever for those seems dumb.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
US12. They fit me better than my Quoddy and Ralph Lauren mocs.

I'd like some of their boat shoes too, but $260 or whatever for those seems dumb.

yea the prices are just high =/

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They just don't fit. The edges of my feet are hanging out over the soles.
Ah, that sucks. Do you normally wear a wider width in your shoes?

Just took a picture of mine:

yuketens_worn.jpg

Lostinthesupermarket

Reaction score
They just don't fit. The edges of my feet are hanging out over the soles.

Thats what I was talking about earlier in the thread. The forefoot of the Ranger Mocc last is narrow , especially compared to the back of the foot.

They will do E sizes in moccasins on special order. I know because I ordered one
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads