Yuketen Footwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Nataku, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Casual

Casual Senior member

I just saw the entire collection in NYC. Amazing boots. I think you will probably see people start to stock them for fall as this was the first time I had seen them at a show.

I was told by an SA that they were a Bergdorf exclusive for the next couple of years.

2. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I was told by an SA that they were a Bergdorf exclusive for the next couple of years.
    I somehow doubt that...

3. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

these are one of those things i'll buy when practicality and expense play no part in my clothing choices.

so cool

soooooooo cool.

4. pruppert

pruppert Senior member

In talking to oipolloi, they are getting a shipment of yuketen mailman bags in august, which, although they didn't say so, may include restock of footwear/the new styles posted earlier. If you want to contact the company directly, try going through Meg Company's website. They sell to the shops themselves, but it's possible to place a special order.

5. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

i remember seeing a pair (in my size) on deep discount at bergdorf, like <$150 or somethin like that. everytime i see this thread bumped, i regret not buying it

6. blake

blake Affiliate vendor

not true at all. I could have them next season if I want them.

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Yeah. They were showing at tradeshows, which seems to be sort of besides the point if they were not hoping to attract new accounts. The stuff as amazing. The prices are pretty high for men's contemporary though. (Makes KMW prices seem downright reasonable).

8. robin

robin Senior member

^ Supposedly some will be Goodyear welted.

9. Lostinthesupermarket

Lostinthesupermarket Senior member

What sort of prices were being quoted?

I have a couple of pairs and I have to say that the standard of materials, construction and finishing on them is very high...I think they're built to a higher spec. than regular Quoddy for example.

Some of their lasts seem a little odd to me though. The one they're using for the Mocc/Oxford models is very small in the forefoot but huge in the heel making choosing your correct size a bit tricky.

Mine are currently getting quite a battering in the field so it will be interesting to see how they hold up.

10. deadstock

deadstock Well-Known Member

I have a couple of pairs and I have to say that the standard of materials, construction and finishing on them is very high...I think they're built to a higher spec. than regular Quoddy for example.

Agreed.

You want them. I mean, I do... [​IMG]

BTW, Oipolloi has some new stock:

http://www.oipolloi.com/brands/Yuketen-100.html

Acoustics too:

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/ideoman1125...r/1769453.html

11. Johnny Amiga

Johnny Amiga Senior member

Fucking Oi Polloi. My bank account screamed in horror today as I just had to order myself a pair of those Ranger Mocc's.

Too expensive for me to not feel like I maybe shouldn't have bought them, but not expensive enough to restrain me from buying them. Here's hoping they're as beautiful as they look (and that they fit).

12. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

so the crepe sole ... is it ok on urban streets and concrete? or do you have to continually resole yuketens

13. deadstock

deadstock Well-Known Member

Crepe soles are fine on streets and concrete. They definitely get dirty, but no problems with durability.

14. Chris2289

Chris2289 Senior member

Lol, if my grandad could see those. He has been wearing those for hunting for years. If you cannot find those specific ones have you tried looking on horse and hound sites, i'm sure they will have stockists

15. Lostinthesupermarket

Lostinthesupermarket Senior member

Too expensive for me to not feel like I maybe shouldn't have bought them, but not expensive enough to restrain me from buying them. Here's hoping they're as beautiful as they look (and that they fit).

Is that where some of the proceeds of our transaction went?[​IMG]

I have them ...I think you will be pleased, they're really nice.

Which ones did you get? I have the Choco suede but the new leathers are so beautiful that I'm thinking of getting another pair....I'm telling myself I need them for my rotation.

It's interesting that Yuketen's prices seem to have gone up by less in the UK than Quoddy's. The Quoddy Grizzly shoe that Albam are selling is now the same price as the Yuketen Ranger Mocc at Oi Polloi.

Please let us know how you get on with the fit.