• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hamm's Beer

Vito

Reaction score
I'll always remember the TV commercials for Hamm's Beer, with the cartoon bear and the catchy jingle. But I can't recall ever drinking Hamm's, so I recently bought a 12-pack for $5.99 at my local beverage store.

I drank half the 12-pack last night, and I was happy with the results. It's a pretty decent cheap brew -- crisp, light, easy to drink.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, it is the beer refreshing.

Seriously, I didn't know they still made it. I worked at a beer distributor when I was 18 and I remember that was when they were trying to expand their market by introducing products like "Hamm's Geunine Draft Light". Cool multi-sided can, but not good beer. It's probably been that long since I've had a Hamm's.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember the commercial with the bear in it. i think the bear is now promoting charmin toilet paper now
bounce2.gif

Vito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack
Well, it is the beer refreshing.

Seriously, I didn't know they still made it. I worked at a beer distributor when I was 18 and I remember that was when they were trying to expand their market by introducing products like "Hamm's Geunine Draft Light". Cool multi-sided can, but not good beer. It's probably been that long since I've had a Hamm's.

I also didn't know that Hamm's is still available. But then I saw it on the shelf at one of the nearby BevMo ("Beverages & More") stores. It's hard to beat $5.99 for a 12-pack.

Yep..."Hamm's, the beer refreshing".

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I vaguely recall bear (not cuddly type) on a silver keg-like(?). Like many other once-proud independent breweries, it is now part of the beer-igarchy.

"The original Hamm's was established in 1865 when Theodore Hamm, a German immigrant, inherited the Excelsior Brewery from his friend and business associate, A. F. Keller. Keller had constructed his brewery over artesian wells in a section of the valley of the Phalen Creek valley near Saint Paul, Minnesota, known as Swede Hollow. Hamm hired Christopher Figg to be his masterbrewer, and by the 1880s the T. Hamm Brewing Company was reckoned the second largest in Minnesota.

His son, William, and grandson, William Jr. inherited the operation in 1903. During Prohibition the company survived by producing soft drinks and other food products, leaving it in a position to expand rapidly through acquisitions after the repeal of Prohibition in 1933. In 1968 the company was acquired by the Heublein Brewing Company, which sold it to Olympia Brewing Company. In 1980 Olympia merged with Pabst, which was acquired by Stroh's in 1984 and it by Miller Brewing in 1999, and that in turn by South African Breweries later that year."

Vito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan

I vaguely recall bear (not cuddly type) on a silver keg-like(?).

The bear's name is Sascha. Here he is, with a "cold one""

hamms%20bear%20with%20bottle%20mouse.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads