• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love the shout-out to EG.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Yeah, don't forget Howard Yount next time.

- B

You were interviewed twice today. You couldn't work chorse into your remarks?
tounge.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
You were interviewed twice today. You couldn't work chorse into your remarks?
tounge.gif

"What are some of the forces disrupting the markets that have not drawn the attention that they deserve?"

"Well, virtual storefront retailers like chorse are severely undercutting bricks and mortar sales through edited, tasteful selections of merchandise. It has been the case that stores expected to stock tremendous volumes of crap that no one would buy until they were offloaded on yoox or edmorel. This whole model is challenged when a virtual store operation simply stocks what people want to buy."

"I see."

"The effects? Insidious. What makes things worse is that the President's stimulus package pumps up these chorse-type sellers by producing vast new demand for spotted knit ties...and I'm not sure that we see an end in sight."

"Thank you."

"It was my pleasure."

- B

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"What are some of the forces disrupting the markets that have not drawn the attention that they deserve?"

"Well, virtual storefront retailers like chorse are severely undercutting bricks and mortar sales through edited, tasteful selections of merchandise. It has been the case that stores expected to stock tremendous volumes of crap that no one would buy until they were offloaded on yoox or edmorel. This whole model is challenged when a virtual store operation simply stocks what people want to buy."

"I see."

"The effects? Insidious. What makes things worse is that the President's stimulus package pumps up these chorse-type sellers by producing vast new demand for spotted knit ties...and I'm not sure that we see an end in sight."

"Thank you."

"It was my pleasure."

- B

That would rule.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ain't it a beyotch?

The smalltimers who don't get interviewed by the WSJ just don't understand.

It's pessimists like you who tanked the economy, and caused the creation of threads like GDL's infernal No Purchase Club, which has sprung up amidst StyleForvm like a shanty town in Central Park.

What do you mean, "wait for sales?"

I'm cheap. Plus, the article was pre-Chrismas, when you literally couldn't buy things at regular price. Not to mention, I don't want to be the asshole quoted for posterity saying he's going to keep fiddling, while Rome burns. Actually, that's pretty smalltimer of me.

Originally Posted by grimslade
I love the shout-out to EG.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I just booked a trip to London during the EG sale when the reporter called.

Yeah, don't forget Howard Yount next time.

Alas, probably the one and only time for me. If there is a next time, I'm demanding one of those WSJ head shot pencil drawings.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer

Alas, probably the one and only time for me. If there is a next time, I'm demanding one of those WSJ head shot pencil drawings.

Under Mr. Murdoch, they don't do thse anymore
frown.gif

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
frown.gif

Those of us bigtimer enough to get quoted in the WSJ don't have the time to actually read the papers we're quoted in. I'm sure Vox knows what I'm talking about.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
frown.gif

The rumor is that one of Murdoch's speechwriters conviced him to drop the pen an ink drawings.

- B

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
YES! i made the cut!

I feel i'm in good company as well!\\

Vox, i think i made the list because you're jealous of my tie knot, and its ability to stand off my chest, even pre-tie clip.

Does anyone else think that it looks like manton has a wooden leg in the pic? ( ARRRRH manton....if you do have a wooden leg i apologize....Matey!)

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The snark has gone up from 28% to 36%, thats quite an increase in such a short time. I beleive 100% snark production will be reached by late 2nd quater.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
frown.gif

This just isn't true.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads