• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ that sounds awesome. and a perfect shopping route, ending up at JtG Brighton. heh
wink.gif

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
thanks, no I wanted the Nightfire red color (burgundy) and the S doesnt have that available. I talked with some folks in a socal Mini club and the consensus seemed to be the Clubman in the S option wasnt really worth it. My 04 wasnt an S and I was completely happy with its performance.

got most of the options, except the navigation. I love the "comfort bluetooth", and overall they made this car so much better than previous years without raising the price much if at all.

It's such a great car, I would get one in the brown with the brown leather interior, but I think I am going to get the new Cube. They really upped their game from 04, it's an almost all new chassis and drives like butter.

DocHunter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI
they don't have anything at the muji in soho.

I work by Port Authority and was surprised the other day when I walked by the Times building and realized there was a Muji store in there on on the bottom floor on 40th (I think). I stopped in quickly, didn't buy anything bc I was in a hurry, but it looked like they had a pretty good stock. Shirts look nice.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by farfisa23
It's such a great car, I would get one in the brown with the brown leather interior, but I think I am going to get the new Cube. They really upped their game from 04, it's an almost all new chassis and drives like butter.

the brown is great, I never would have thought I'd like a brown colored car but that bronze tone is amazing. The burgundy looks more like it came from my closet so I had to go with that. But I did see a brown Clubman with the pinstripe leather seats that was SICK.

btw, our Mini dealer told us that BMW is resurrecting the Triumph TR-7 to sell alongside Mini...it'll be a 2 seat roadster and keep the same overall lines and style of the classic Tr-7(!!!)

Is the Cube already for sale? Never seen one on the road

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
the brown is great, I never would have thought I'd like a brown colored car but that bronze tone is amazing. The burgundy looks more like it came from my closet so I had to go with that. But I did see a brown Clubman with the pinstripe leather seats that was SICK.

btw, our Mini dealer told us that BMW is resurrecting the Triumph TR-7 to sell alongside Mini...it'll be a 2 seat roadster and keep the same overall lines and style of the classic Tr-7(!!!)

Is the Cube already for sale? Never seen one on the road

That brown on brown Clubman is sick.

Cube comes out in the next few months, pricing came out today, I get to drive it next month, am stoked. They make one in brown, called Bitter Chocolate Brown - I hope it looks like the MBZ's from the 70s brown. Brown cars = awesome.

I'm work pretty deep within the auto biz and haven't heard that rumor about BMW resurrecting the Triumph TR7. I think the MINI dealer was wishing.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My 2nd car was a 1981 Saab 900 in dark brown. I've been longing for the return of the brown car.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
crackup[1].gif
@ brown cars

jkennett

Reaction score
Hiro Sawatari 3-way Trench = Awesome.
iroSawatariCoat.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by farfisa23
That brown on brown Clubman is sick.

Cube comes out in the next few months, pricing came out today, I get to drive it next month, am stoked. They make one in brown, called Bitter Chocolate Brown - I hope it looks like the MBZ's from the 70s brown. Brown cars = awesome.

I'm work pretty deep within the auto biz and haven't heard that rumor about BMW resurrecting the Triumph TR7. I think the MINI dealer was wishing.

Supposedly the TR-7 is slated to start production in 2011 or 12 (?), but who knows.

the brown Clubman, sick as hell and would have been my 2nd choice after the Nightfire Red

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3093/...098ab2.jpg?v=0

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Normally I'm not one to extoll the virtues of American Eagle products, but I have nothing but praise for this great trench coat I picked up today. I walked into the store out of curiosity, intrigued by some ads I had seen for the coat, and I really wasn't expecting much. But for $59.95, this rivals the J. Crew Sutherland, and I even like it better than the "vintage" Burberry I picked up on eBay for around the same price recently. Simple, single-breasted, slim-fitting, and unlike everything else they make, there is NO ugly eagle logo to be found anywhere on the coat except for the inside lable and even there it's rather smallish.

Great coat for the price. Great alternative to J. Crew.

Oh, yeah, and machine washable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads