• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
A **** ton of nice collective jackets. I wasn't trying to do this, but I did. I may resell some of them. I bought the bomber from this F/W, seen here:
http://www.rodengray.com/blog/wp-con...w08-nc-039.jpg

This was hands-down the best jacket NiCo had to offer for FW. The pricepoint was solid, the construction was solid, the fit was solid, and it actually kept me warm. Chad definitely knew his buys:
fk44k6.jpg

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I bought it mostly because while I ******* love the way my leather trimmed trench fits, it is thinly lined and not a winter jacket really. I like the way it looks without the hood in that pic too.

Any idea how old the other stuff I ended up with via ebay is?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Drkshdw knee length hoodie
IMG00325.jpg

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picture-1.jpg
quoddy boat shoe brown with camp sole EG Work Shirt in Indigo Ringspun Denim Alan Flusser dress the man...finally got the chance to get the book.

davo10375

Reaction score
Never seen that before socal... whats the material like?

Wound up going to an awesome clearance sale today... lots of ss08 leftovers (in perth stock comes a bit late so this stuff is on sale later usually) at 75% off. Junya shirts for about 150 Aus (100 US), the junya linen shorts I bought for 275 AUS down to 150 AUS (100 US, crazy stuff). Also a few RO/Raf shoes for around 300 aus (low top black/white RO, few different Raf's). Also quite a bit of CDG, attachment, Raf and a few other brands all mostly 75% off or around there.

My haul:
Raf light grey awesome fabric pants, pretty slim cut. Don't know how else to describe so I'll chuck up a picture soon, got them for 200 AUS (from 845 AUS)
Raf blue hi-tops, material is pretty sweet. They are the hi-tops with the velcro strap across the top. Apparently I suck at describing stuff so pictures soon. Were marked down to 300 AUS but the owner (awesome bloke) gave me them for 200
biggrin.gif

McQ purple tee; liked the cut and was 20 AUS

SoCal I almost got that orange/white Raf tee from ss08, didn't realise it had the elastic bits around the sleeves/waist otherwise I could of got it and posted a head to toe SoCal looking Raf fit.

smile.gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
I bought it mostly because while I ******* love the way my leather trimmed trench fits, it is thinly lined and not a winter jacket really. I like the way it looks without the hood in that pic too.

Any idea how old the other stuff I ended up with via ebay is?

The hood was very functional but yes, I left it off when it wasn't snowing in NYC. My only complaint was that ninja cuffs were pretty uncomfortable to use but that might have been because I sized down on the jacket.

The olive jacket looks very much like one Chad had for FW08, too, but I could be wrong. I'm not willing to wager on the others.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by davo10375
Never seen that before socal... whats the material like?
Raf blue hi-tops, material is pretty sweet. They are the hi-tops with the velcro strap across the top. Apparently I suck at describing stuff so pictures soon. Were marked down to 300 AUS but the owner (awesome bloke) gave me them for 200
biggrin.gif

McQ purple tee; liked the cut and was 20 AUS

SoCal I almost got that orange/white Raf tee from ss08, didn't realise it had the elastic bits around the sleeves/waist otherwise I could of got it and posted a head to toe SoCal looking Raf fit.

smile.gif

It's just a cotton sweatshirt jersey.

These Raf Simons shoes?
rough.jpg

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
The olive jacket looks very much like one Chad had for FW08, too, but I could be wrong. I'm not willing to wager on the others.
I just don't recall seeing a white tag on any of the stuff I tried on at RG from this past season, thus my assumption that it's older.

davo10375

Reaction score
looks really lightweight SoCal,

Not those ones; similar colour but a more nylon-polyester (no clue) material with laces and a single wraparound velcro strap at the top.

chiral

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
This was hands-down the best jacket NiCo had to offer for FW. The pricepoint was solid, the construction was solid, the fit was solid, and it actually kept me warm. Chad definitely knew his buys:

I'm so mad I missed this on sale at zoe, it was in XL for only like 108 but my latest paycheck hadn't cleared yet and I despise using my credit card. Oh well, no use pining over something if you don't have the means. I'll have to console myself with the blitz jacket.

chiral

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
^^ liking it so far??

I like looking at it! I still can't move for a few weeks with this ******* broken leg, so I can't wait to actually wear it outside. Looks nice in my mirror with crutches though.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Paul Smith buttondown collar shirt, grey w/white & red stripe.

p9xd-178h-721-r-17409.jpg

a few buttondowns from Jump the Gun in the past month or so.

7ca03a1c-552d-4454-be57-fdcab38e039d.main.jpg

e4c966bf-6c96-4c4b-a837-b062f0a262f5.main.jpg

766156b8-d341-4dd8-af78-b825c6f8b56d.main.jpg

gift from the missus

963d80d1-7246-4664-80a5-dae3436207e1.main.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
i LOVE that shirt, i almost picked it up for myself recently...

yea it's great, dig the colorway. I love the fit too. I have 4 others from the same fit and it's in the top 3 "best shirt fit for GS" list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads