1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

Great idea: Let's take it literally. Here are some of my "recent purchases" [​IMG]

2. DrPat

DrPat Senior member

Navyboot desert boot sneakers. Italian made, stitched soles, and a striped canvas lining. An obvious (and excellent) copy of the gray CP desert boot. Cost approximately $100 on sale. [​IMG]

3. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

4. onion

onion Senior member

lol @ the thought of grooming habits making mens feet acceptable in public places other than the beach unless you got size 6 with french pedi I don't want that shit in my peripheral nor do I want to hear that stupid fucking sound of them slapping your feet
    I could not agree more. Men should not wear any type of sandal, especially flip flops, ever, unless they are on a sandy beach. Flip flops = easiest way to make any outfit look like shit
    http://pds.exblog.jp/pds/1/200907/10/68/f0111068_18114149.jpg http://pds.exblog.jp/pds/1/200907/10...8_18114964.jpg love junya FW 2009.. would love to get my hands on some of the shirts and brooks bros collabos http://www.stilly.co.jp/stilly/blog/...005_PURPLE.jpg nonnative
    Both of those are hot fire. Nice pick ups.

5. dunkin

dunkin Senior member

agreed

mandals = da suckzzzzzz

6. ennui

ennui Senior member

Bought some bags from a spate of recent online shopping:

* Jil weekender from Gilt. Can't find a picture online anymore but it is the size of a large carry-on, blue leather with plus-sign shaped slits cut into the sides, with black mesh underneath. Too expensive, but too hard to resist. Purchases like this are what keep my bank account dry.

* MMM manbag from Yoox: link

I went to Korea recently and found that something like this is really convenient to have when getting around by foot, since my pockets just won't hold as much as I wanted to carry around. However, my life in the States is more car-based, so I don't really know how often I will actually use this. But I'll keep it around for the times I need to get around without a car.

7. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

Bought some bags from a spate of recent online shopping:

* Jil weekender from Gilt. Can't find a picture online anymore but it is the size of a large carry-on, blue leather with plus-sign shaped slits cut into the sides, with black mesh underneath. Too expensive, but too hard to resist. Purchases like this are what keep my bank account dry.

* MMM manbag from Yoox: link

I went to Korea recently and found that something like this is really convenient to have when getting around by foot, since my pockets just won't hold as much as I wanted to carry around. However, my life in the States is more car-based, so I don't really know how often I will actually use this. But I'll keep it around for the times I need to get around without a car.

i thought about getting the MMM bag but its so tiny!

8. atuhsad

atuhsad Senior member

On the topic of MMM bags, AR has them (s/s) at 65% off right now. I would get, but there is a bag from Lanvin F/W that i am hoping to get. I hope Barneys ends up getting it.

9. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

On the topic of MMM bags, AR has them (s/s) at 65% off right now. I would get, but there is a bag from Lanvin F/W that i am hoping to get. I hope Barneys ends up getting it.

AR?

10. ennui

ennui Senior member

i thought about getting the MMM bag but its so tiny!

I use it to hold stuff like my passport, folded papers, wallet, digital camera, keys, mobile phone, notepad, gum, pens, etc. In the States, I normally just throw most of this into the car since I live in suburbia, but for getting around an urban area, this works out well for me. It won't hold stuff like a laptop or a binder or a week's worth of clothes, but I'm fine with that.

11. atuhsad

atuhsad Senior member

AR?

Sorry, aloharag.com

12. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

$65 with tax and shipping. I swear, this is it until I buy white jeans after labor day [​IMG]

13. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

You should send the sandals back too while you're at it nobody wants to see your feet.

Haha. I just bought some new Jcrew flip flops and begun to wear them outdoors (beyond pool/beach) for the first time in years. Like a dumbass I tried wearing them to a [college] bar. I don't know if I'm getting old but I was scared shitless some bimbo in her payless stilletos would step on my toes. I still want those leather flip flops, though.

14. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I use it to hold stuff like my passport, folded papers, wallet, digital camera, keys, mobile phone, notepad, gum, pens, etc. In the States, I normally just throw most of this into the car since I live in suburbia, but for getting around an urban area, this works out well for me. It won't hold stuff like a laptop or a binder or a week's worth of clothes, but I'm fine with that.

same background of thinking, but for me, there is less than a fine line regarding man bags, size, and 'manliness' and I do believe it's a go big or go home thing... not that the look of lugging things up a mountain is good, but you don't want what we called in the middle school the 'tampon bag'....

If it's not big enough to fit in your pockets or some sort of specialized carrier (i.e. laptop), then I think it's worthy of a good-sized bag...

15. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

looks like my rapekit

Great idea: Let's take it literally. Here are some of my "recent purchases"

[​IMG]

16. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

This Helmut Lang stuff from Gilt is superb. Skinny jeans and check shirt. Will definitely buy his stuff again.

17. jet

jet Senior member

looks like my rapekit

This Helmut Lang stuff from Gilt is superb. Skinny jeans and check shirt. Will definitely buy his stuff again.

^lol

^^lol

18. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Navyboot desert boot sneakers. Italian made, stitched soles, and a striped canvas lining. An obvious (and excellent) copy of the gray CP desert boot. Cost approximately $100 on sale.

[​IMG]

These are really nice. Probably made at the exact same place. I see a lot of shoes on the Common Projects last.

19. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

These are really nice. Probably made at the exact same place. I see a lot of shoes on the Common Projects last.

+1

20. London

London Senior member

Mackintosh trench
    RRL selvedge oxford
    J. Crew fleece
    EG work shirt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.