• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Astor & Black or Balani experience?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A-holeandBlack
We have so few unhappy customers that finding out who WallStreetBobcat was did not require much research. ********** (WallStreetBobCat) purchased 2 Scabal Suits, 2 Vests, 2 Pants and 2 Shirts for a total of 4k. The clothes arrived exactly 6 weeks from date of order (This was holiday time so keep in mind its our busiest time of the year). They required minor alterations which were promptly taken care of. As many of you know, especially those of you checking this site, custom clothing usually require 2-3 fittings the first time around until the perfect fit is achieved. Often our first deliveries are perfect (76% of the time to be exact), however minor alterations are normal. We take care of these completely without any additional cost to the customer. We incorporate more hand stitching, worksmanship and details than any other suit make in today's market, Kiton and Brioni Custom aside.

-AstorandBlack

Do you have a point, apart from outing someone publicly?

RSN125

Reaction score
uhoh.gif
After releasing the name of a customer of this website, do you guys honestly think ANYONE on this forum is going to try out your suits????? He didn't complain about professionalism, but I AM! I am hoping whoever posted this is a bad seed, makes an apology, promises never to do so again, and the company creates some sort of privacy policy! after so, maybe I will try a suit...

likethatlook

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSN125
uhoh.gif
After releasing the name of a customer of this website, do you guys honestly think ANYONE on this forum is going to try out your suits?????

He didn't complain about professionalism, but I AM!

Could this be the Audrey event for A&B?

-

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AstorandBlack
We have so few unhappy customers that finding out who WallStreetBobcat was did not require much research. Jeremy Valeda (WallStreetBobCat) purchased 2 Scabal Suits, 2 Vests, 2 Pants and 2 Shirts for a total of 4k. The clothes arrived exactly 6 weeks from date of order (This was holiday time so keep in mind its our busiest time of the year). They required minor alterations which were promptly taken care of. As many of you know, especially those of you checking this site, custom clothing usually require 2-3 fittings the first time around until the perfect fit is achieved. Often our first deliveries are perfect (76% of the time to be exact), however minor alterations are normal. We take care of these completely without any additional cost to the customer. We incorporate more hand stitching, worksmanship and details than any other suit make in today's market, Kiton and Brioni Custom aside.

-AstorandBlack

Did you guys suggest that he gained weight during 6 week process?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by likethatlook
Could this be the Audrey event for A&B?

-

Fo sho!

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are more than welcome to respond to criticism of the company. Nobody has a problem with that. In fact, Gilt does it all the time, and nobody has an issue with their handling of similar situations. Just don't do it by posting the name of the customer. That's really shady.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For the record though I do apologize for using the clients name, from what I understand the client has resolved the issues with the company. It is absolutely not company policy to publicly discuss clients and it will not happen again.

I read your posts for the lolz. You must be the dumbest employee that ever lived. If I were Mr.Astor or Mr. Black I would go Christian Bale on you.

GTR

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
If I were Mr.Astor or Mr. Black I would go Christian Bale on you.

They don't exist.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With all due respect to those of you that have criticized the company's response, why do you feel its reasonable for someone to publicly trash a company's name and image and the company has no right to respond and tell their side of the story? This is a forum correct? Does that mean people are only allowed to post negative views and criticism but when someone posts a positive view instantly all members accuse them of being a company frontman? I am not the company spokesman and may perhaps get rebuked for responding to this situation but I will say as salesperson for the company I find it reprehensible that a customer can present any version of events to the public but the company is not allowed to respond. For the record, we have actually resolved our issues with this customer and have moved on.

Only by apologizing profusely for allowing such an uncalled for violation of privacy could you salvage what little reputation you had left on this forum. Yet you are still defending yourself? How do you think this makes you look? Companies get bashed all the time, even affiliate members here; deal with it.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GTR
They don't exist.

Hmm it appears that sarcasm is lost on you. By substituting the names of the company instead of "your boss" I made an attempt at humor. Much like if someone said they were screwed by Proctor and Gamble and I said if I were Mr. Proctor or Mr. Gamble I would fire you. While it might not have been funny, it certainly was understood as an attempt at humor.
teacha.gif

GTR

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
Hmm it appears that sarcasm is lost on you. By substituting the names of the company instead of "your boss" I made an attempt at humor. Much like if someone said they were screwed by Proctor and Gamble and I said if I were Mr. Proctor or Mr. Gamble I would fire you. While it might not have been funny, it certainly was understood as an attempt at humor.
teacha.gif

Great explanation!

Astor&BlackPR

Reaction score
TTENTION ALL STYLEFORUM USERS: THE COMMENTS RECENTLY ON THIS THREAD UNDER THE ASTORANDBLACK USER ID WERE POSTED BY AN UNAUTHORIZED EMPLOYEE WHO HAS SINCE BEEN TERMINATED. THESE COMMENTS WERE NOT APPROVED OR AUTHORIZED BY ASTOR & BLACK CUSTOM CLOTHIERS. WE SINCERELY APOLOGIZE AND ASSURE YOU THAT WE AS A COMPANY DO NOT CONDONE SUCH BUSINESS PRACTICES SHOULD YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION OR CONCERNS OR IF YOU NOTICE ANY OTHER THREADS THAT SEEM OUT OF THE ORDINARY PLEASE CONTACT OUR HOME OFFICE IMMEDIATELY AT 614-857-9000 THANK YOU, Aria Zelnik Director of Marketing & Public Relations [email protected] Astor & Black Custom Clothiers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads