• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in the mean time, order up the plain toe boot in #8. you won't regret it.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
they are sold out in my size and it's (I think) 5 months til the restock
frown.gif

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think the cap-toe boot in #8 is due this month. it's a little dressier, but **** is awesome. i have been waiting 6 months

Brutus

Reaction score
GoSurface, I have two pairs of Aldens, the Indy's and wingtip boots. The first pair of Indy's I got were a little uncomfortable so I traded them for a different size and they were an instant perfect fit. The wingtips felt great on one foot and slightly off on the other. After about two weeks the discomfort on the one foot went away. I think it was probably due to a slight anomaly in the shape of my right foot.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not about having the same feet. If they are hurting, you probably need to get a different size.

Brutus

Reaction score
If they are hurting yes, get a different size. I'm pretty convinced one of my feet has more arch than the other. Nothing dramatic, just different. If I remember back to my first Indy try-on, I believe they have more arch built into the footbed (someone help me with a technical term here) which was a different feel at first but was really a spot-on fit. The wingtips didn't seem to have much initial curve.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
imo if you walk for 6 hours in new shoes your feet are gonna hurt. period.

wmb

Reaction score
The boots should feel great right off -- one of the benefits of this model is that it's incredibly comfortable...

wmb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
so I'm thinking about picking up a pair of boots from leather soul, and these are the styles I'm considering:

ultimate indy
indy in vintage leather
plain toe boot

any thoughts/personal experiences?

the plain toe with plantation sole is unbelievable -- got it this week. I posted a picture above.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brutus
GoSurface, I have two pairs of Aldens, the Indy's and wingtip boots. The first pair of Indy's I got were a little uncomfortable so I traded them for a different size and they were an instant perfect fit. The wingtips felt great on one foot and slightly off on the other. After about two weeks the discomfort on the one foot went away. I think it was probably due to a slight anomaly in the shape of my right foot.

Thanks for the reply Brutus. My feet are feeling much better today, and I wore them the entire day. I think it was just all the walking compounded with the fact that they were new shoes. The SA measured my feet and everything, and the fit is spot on, from what I can tell. I think I'm just going to stick it out.

Originally Posted by Teger
imo if you walk for 6 hours in new shoes your feet are gonna hurt. period.

Yeah, but it was more like 30 hours.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i'm pretty sure it just depends on your foot and everything.

my shell chukkas killed my feet for 3-4 days. i felt miserable even though the fit was spot on. my AF84s felt fine fresh out of the box. same size, same last, maybe some nuances between the leather sole and commando sole. who knows.

now the chukka is one of the most comfortable shoes i own

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
the question I have tho is can the crepe soled indy be resoled?

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it can be and i think alden can even re-sole it to whatever you want (crepe, commando, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads