• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett and Jones fit last 341 vs 348

JeffsWood

Reaction score
Can anyone advise on the difference in fit between the C & J's 341 and 348 last.

My foot fits a 10.5 b or c in Allen Edmonds but is a 9E in the 341 last in Crockett and Jones. I am wondering if the 348 last is narrow enough that I should buy a 9.5E in it.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I find that the 348 is a little narrower in the toebox than the 341.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a standard D-width foot.
Last 341- fits after 1 hour break-in
Last 348 - NO WAY, JOSE
devil.gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JeffsWood
a half size?

That would depend on the shape of your foot.
devil.gif

That said, if it were me, I would size up a half-size. But YMMV, and my feet are funny.

JeffsWood

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
That would depend on the shape of your foot.
devil.gif

That said, if it were me, I would size up a half-size. But YMMV, and my feet are funny.

Thanks I had to return a pair of shoes on the 341 last in size 9.5 as they were 1/2 size too big. I in the process of decided if I want the same shoes in a 9 (I think should fit well) or try another last.

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JeffsWood
Thanks I had to return a pair of shoes on the 341 last in size 9.5 as they were 1/2 size too big. I in the process of decided if I want the same shoes in a 9 (I think should fit well) or try another last.

If I were you, I would try the same shoes in a 9 (a safer bet). You might end up paying another expensive lesson if trying another last.

Haemus

Reaction score
Yes, 348 compared to 341 is about 6mm longer (4/16). For the average feet RTW benchgrades coming mostly in E (UK normal) fitting are running true to size, at least in my experience.
I'd say same size in both lasts should be fine for average feet, though former would be somewhat longer than latter.

ap10046

Reaction score
I wear my Cottesmores (341) in 10.5 uk, am thinking of gettIng the Tetbury's (348), should I maintain my size?

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 341 can be just a tiny bit narrower at the toe width than the 348. Due to the more rounded configuration of the 341 and it's overall shorter length. I have pairs in both lasts and despite this minor difference find that both fit me well in the same size. The slightly tight toe on the 341 eased up quickly with a few wearings.

ap10046

Reaction score
Gdot,
Thank you for the reply.
So, you would advice the Tetbury's in 10.5 as well, yes? Not an 11?

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gdot,
Thank you for the reply.
So, you would advice the Tetbury's in 10.5 as well, yes? Not an 11?

Yes. Of course every foot is different. Unless your foot is very long though I would not size up from the 341 to the 348.

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone advise on the difference in fit between the C & J's 341 and 348 last.

My foot fits a 10.5 b or c in Allen Edmonds but is a 9E in the 341 last in Crockett and Jones. I am wondering if the 348 last is narrow enough that I should buy a 9.5E in it.

I did a comparison of an AE shoe in 10.5B (US size) on the 0-Last to a C&J on the 348-last in 8.5E (UK size) and found the C&J to be very similar in width, but a bit smaller in length. Therefore, I would expect a 9.5E (UK size) C&J on 348 to be too big for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads