• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice, Roy. How do you keep the black slate tile floor clean? My condo has a similar floor, and it's a dust and dirt magnet.

track309

Reaction score
worship.gif
Sweet Kitchen!

http://www.styleforum.net/attachment...2&d=1163610262

Originally Posted by iammatt
Continued...

1. Living room - Rive Droite chair, Ile sofa, some table that I don't know the name of from Cappellini, more junk.

2. Solarium (?) - Same two Low pad chairs and Ruhs Panca from Dining room.

3. Kitchen - Pretty self explanatory, but a poor picture.

Any questions about any of the art, architecture, house or crap feel free to ask.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Very nice, Roy. How do you keep the black slate tile floor clean? My condo has a similar floor, and it's a dust and dirt magnet.

It's a wonderful product called 'housekeeper'. But only until the new and improved 'girlfriend' has arrived.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
worship.gif

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roy
Actually, the photos were taken in August. At the moment it's pretty damn cold
wink.gif

This has sort of an 80s Manhattan feel that I think you've done very well (whatever you'd call it). Right now I feel like something traditional for myself, but I think you've done a wonderful job and it's a great space. Would love to see photos any time.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
This has sort of an 80s Manhattan feel that I think you've done very well (whatever you'd call it). Right now I feel like something traditional for myself, but I think you've done a wonderful job and it's a great space. Would love to see photos any time.

Thanks, I've actually never been to Manhattan let alone in the 80s (I was born in '82)
wink.gif
I just did what I thought would look good AND practical.

I'm also building a Home Theater room, as soon as it's done i'll post some pictures. The equipment is all there now i just have to make something nice out of it.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roy
Thanks, I've actually never been to Manhattan let alone in the 80s (I was born in '82)
wink.gif

I'm also building a Home Theater room, as soon as it's done i'll post some pictures. The equipment is all there now i just have to make something nice out of it.

You were born in '82 and you got a pad like that?

Great house, by the way. I hope by the time I can afford a place with similar, modern styling, my tastes won't have changed to that of an old man.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
I remember those pics Roy - the house looks amazing
worship.gif

Roy, the house looks terrific! It's great to see the before and after pics. Great job!

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Simply amazing Roy.

Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Nonsense- the desire by one to show off is a characteristic of the individual- not the hobby.

There are those who want Mackintosh for the sound... in a cbinet... and those who desire to show off it's glow... just as there are car afficianados who prefer and understated jag to an ostentatious lambo or "loudly" styled fashions versus Brooks Brothers.

Not necessarily - good speakers are often large and to get the best sound one has to have the speakers well out into the room. It's tough to do that and meet most folks ideas on concealment of electronics.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roy
wink.gif

I'm trying to come up with what movie I'm thinking about, but you have a boldness (with the black and white) that was all the rage with Wall Streeters in the 80s, and you've done it in a very comfortable way. I really like those spaces.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to come up with what movie I'm thinking about, but you have a boldness (with the black and white) that was all the rage with Wall Streeters in the 80s, and you've done it in a very comfortable way. I really like those spaces.

Holy sht, that is quite a house. Just fantastic. And yes, I could see Bud Fox coming home to that...

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
What did you get for the HT?

I bought the equipment pretty early, in the living room I have a 50" Pioneer Kuros plasma full HD screen from the latest generation. My speakers are in-wall Klipsch R-5800-W and in ceiling Klipsch CDT-5800-C with a Pioneer receiver.

In my HT room I have a Mitsubishi Full HD projector, a Klipsch 7.2 Ultra THX2 soundsystem with an Onkyo Integra Ultra THX2 receiver.

I don't use regular DVD players, basically I have a HTPC in every room and in my basement i've got a 19" rack where I have 8tb of storage. Basically all my DVD's , music and photo's are stored on there. So if you want to watch a movie in the living room, someone else could watch pictures in their room or listening to music on the terrace. So far it has worked very well.

I've been thinking about what movies you mean, and i can totally see that you'd think about Patrick Batemans apartment in American Psycho.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roy
I don't use regular DVD players, basically I have a HTPC in every room and in my basement i've got a 19" rack where I have 8tb of storage. Basically all my DVD's , music and photo's are stored on there. So if you want to watch a movie in the living room, someone else could watch pictures in their room or listening to music on the terrace. So far it has worked very well.
worship2.gif

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roy

I've been thinking about what movies you mean, and i can totally see that you'd think about Patrick Batemans apartment in American Psycho.

Yes, except I find your version less sterile and very comfortable looking. The exterior of your house is also very nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads