• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you like better nudies or apc jeans?

Ozarks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jupiter Room
I like the fit of my APC NS much better than any of the nudies I've ever tried. Fading abilities on my APCs have also been good. The discreet branding of the APCs are also preferable.

Quite the same for me. My grim timms feel neglected since getting a pair of APC's. But to be fair, I did wear the nudies exclusively for about 7 months.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try different styles from both brands on. Then decide. If you don't have any stockists nearby, then research the different cuts online, order a style from each brand and return or resell what doesn't work on you.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PC is the denim for people who are new to dry selvage denim, it's what I have always recommended and still do. Nudies are almost like TR to me, thus I don't like it, so far I've own the SS and SJ and have gotten rid of both. Btw, I must also say APC doesn't do it for me anymore, as a result, I've also sold the Hipsters I bought when I first embarked on the dry selvage denim band-wagon. Today my denim collection includes the following:

W+H indigo raw
Somet 018 slim-fit low rise black raw
W+H grey denim
Mr. Olive indigo raw
Buckler Skinny Indigo raw

All manufactured in Japan, except the Buckler Skinny's.....

mtgguy777

Reaction score
Nudie's quality is shoddy from what I've seen but if you can get it cheap, go for it. I much prefer my APC's though. The fit is better and they feel like they're much higher quality.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the back pocket contrast stitching is such a turn off ...

this forum is so anti rock and republic and true religion, etc that i would think nudies would also be on the black list just because of the stitching

APC all the way

CoconutBanana

Reaction score
PC no doubt although I don't dislike Nudie as much as others on this forum probably cause Nudie was my first semi expensive raw denim brand.

Doctor Quack

Reaction score
Of the two that I have (Nudie SJDJ and APC NS) I like the fit of the SJDJ, but the denim's a bit too thin and the construction is a little suspect compared to the NS.

Deluks917

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
APC, because the detailing is less fussy and the whole Jean Touitou/APC design philosophy speaks to me in a way that Nudie doesn't. Also, APC's are slightly less ubiquitous than Nudies at my high school.

Wear do you go to high school.

djs488

Reaction score
Hmm, I really can't get behind NS the way everyone else can. I prefer my nudie AJ's, which I sized down quite a bit on. People are mentioning the rise on nudies, but to me, the mid/high rise on NS is just impractical. FWIW, I unstitched the backpocket design on my nudies.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have nudie rr in 28x32 i mostly wear it when i buy something i thought was slim fitting but it ends up fitting regular. i also have apc ns size 25 which is really slim fitting i wear it with fitted things.

i guess it depends on the cut and what your looking for. the stitching on the back pocket of my nudies are starting to fall off so it doesn't really bother me. what bothers me is the back pockets are fricking huge.

Brutus

Reaction score
Doesn't seem like many here have tried the SSDS. Great, great cut. My APC NS though are probably my favorites right now but that has more to do with the fact that I've been wearing them longer and they have form-fit to me and the fading is just right. The SSDS's will get there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads