• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of my Tom Ford RTW Suit

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess so. I wasn't familar w that. This is why I come here!
smile.gif

Now I know. Either way. We'll see
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Oh. So, he's not making a basted jacket. He's just going to make ths changes to your existing jacket, but make them temporary with basted stitches so he can easily undo them and finish the jacket off for your next visit.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You will get your money back eventually.
There is only so much you can undo once the jacket it complete. Even very, very, very good tailors have trouble refitting in all dimentions a finished jacket, which is esentially whats happening now.

Regards.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke
They said they will either get it perfect or refund.

Respect.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dp

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3p

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can you take the option of money bacck? it wont be riht cuz youre not tom ford or built like him

hes sexy

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
(watching curiously on the edge of my seat)

The kind of seat on which you are sitting while reading this thread works better if you sit directly over the hole, not the edge.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Oh. So, he's not making a basted jacket. He's just going to make ths changes to your existing jacket, but make them temporary with basted stitches so he can easily undo them and finish the jacket off for your next visit.

Originally Posted by Shikar
You will get your money back eventually.

If the Master Tailor said, "If I don't achieve my globally known standards of perfection with you, AvariceBespoke, not only will we refund your money, but I will cut off my ponytail and give it to you," then I would be impressed.

Plus, the word "pasted" sounds a lot like "basted," so it's possibly that is what he meant...a pasted fitting.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tutee
I just saw this thread of yours and replied to you many pages before... I hope you know what you are doing.

We've seen this sentence before, and we've given it a name: "Dopey's Lament."

- B

SirSuturesALot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Avarice - Please bring your camera with you when you go in for this "basted fitting" and take lots of pictures!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads