• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

logsdail or raphael?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
In that case he could just superglue you to the ceiling.

103_1851-1.jpg

Damn, I love that photo. I'm requoting it.

It's like looking into eternity.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
Wait a second, you wear elfin shoes too. How tall are you?

5'10".

Suddenly, this thread has taken a disturbingly craigslist turn, with hookups planned and measurements shared.

Yay!

- B

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Damn, I love that photo. I'm requoting it.

It's like looking into eternity.

- B

Maybe that is what mafoo was talking about when he referenced the "abyss of Jersey."

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There's a picture or two of me floating around this site somewhere that show how small I am. You may actually be taller than me. Plus, I've got about 25 pounds on you. So, I think I would win the most unfortunate looking TF model award. I'd be like a 40XXS with a 5 inch drop.

You're probably not shorter than me; I'm only 5'4".

Anyway, I don't know what you'd call the head-to-waist ratio, but I'd lose all comparisons. I'm dangerously close to 1:1.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really don't think the stuff is that hard to wear. I haven't tried it, but have the urge to go down to my local NM and try the Ford stuff on. Not that I would buy, but I think the major problem with the suit in question is that the salesman and tailor were dishonest, and the customer was stupid. There is no reason for anybody to make a suit that 2% of the population can wear.

I tried TF on earlier this year. It fit fine, but the superfly lapels, the shoulders and the general cut made me look a complete tool. I don't think it's all that hard to fit into but that doesn't guarantee it will look good. Still, I highly recommend trying on some of his more dramatic jackets/suits, just for the sheer amusement value.

Not as amusing as these threads, mind you...
laugh.gif

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
Having seen both teir suits, I would probably try Logsdail over Raphael.

Grayson, over at your forum, will now lead a coup against you for having said such a thing. Watch yer back!

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Maybe that is what mafoo was talking about when he referenced the "abyss of Jersey."

I was talking about beavers.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5'10". Suddenly, this thread has taken a disturbingly craigslist turn, with hookups planned and measurements shared. Yay! - B
One reason i remain aloof on here is that I suspect a lot of you havent come to grips with your real motives.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Better yet, we will invite him, and then mug him and take it.

How will you penetrate the enveloping cloud of non-reality that is like a protective sphere around him wherever he trods in the city that the natives like to call Frisco?

I will pay you five dollars if you can get a shot of him next to a clump of SF (the city, not the forum) street people.

- B

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke
I think I'm just going to do bespoke because honestly I don't want to shop around at 80 different stores for suits. I know some of the general attributes I like and I would like a world-class tailor to use his skill set to make it happen. Thats it. I'm sure 80%+ of the executive clients @ bespoke tailors do the same and don't read up for years before buying a bespoke suit.

Bro, really. It's not that hard to find a great RTW suit. You just need the right size and model/style. If you can't identify what it is you don't like about Attolini, Brioni, RLPL, etc. You're going to have trouble with bespoke. Shopping for suits isn't suppose to be a pain **********. Something tells me, your bespoke experience is going to be worse than shopping for RTW. You will be investing much more time and expense than you think. And you will be inundating this forum with more threads, as fun as they are.

Ed and PG are great examples of guys who look great in their RTW clothing. You should not have more difficulty.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
How will you penetrate the enveloping cloud of non-reality that is like a protective sphere around him wherever he trods in the city that the natives like to call Frisco?

I will pay you five dollars if you can get a shot of him next to a clump of SF (the city, not the forum) street people.

- B

Natives will get into fights if you call it "Frisco." The rest of your post, I did not understand.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
You're probably not shorter than me; I'm only 5'4".

Anyway, I don't know what you'd call the head-to-waist ratio, but I'd lose all comparisons. I'm dangerously close to 1:1.

I'm 5'5" on good days. 5'4.5" on bad ones. When I played high school basketball, I made the coach list me as 5'8". I couldn't bare the ridicule from opposing fans.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm 5'5" on good days. 5'4.5" on bad ones. When I played high school basketball, I made the coach list me as 5'8". I couldn't bare the ridicule from opposing fans.

They let you play basketball in high school at 5'5"? Either you had kickass talent, or you went to a school like mine, entirely populated by Asians and Jews. Best varsity golf team in the state.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads