• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
out of curiosity, you guys that live in snow...do you wear thermals underneath it all? or just what you post (jeans, shirt, jacket etc)
never wear thermals underneath

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
I like the parka. There seems to be lots of nice details, which I wish we could see better (including in the linked pics). Maybe if you take the photos with a darker background they will show. As for the sleeves, they look as if they're bunching, which make them seem bigger. If you have them shortened you can get a much cleaner sleeve line and, thus, they'll look a little slimmer w/o actually having to have them slimmed down. Also, not really feeling the whole opened parka with opened shirt underneath showing to the tee. It's like wearing shorts in the snow. The parka does look better closed in the photos you linked to.

I added a few more detail pictures in the parka thread.

and yea I was definitely all buttoned up today when I was outside, just wanted to show what was underneath.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
out of curiosity, you guys that live in snow...do you wear thermals underneath it all? or just what you post (jeans, shirt, jacket etc)

Thermals are too warm once you are indoors. I'll generally just add an extra layer like a sweater or hoodie under the coat.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
Thermals are too warm once you are indoors. I'll generally just add an extra layer like a sweater or hoodie under the coat.

This is true. If it is very cold and I have to be outside for more than a few minutes though, I through on pair of long underwear. But we are talking at least-30 C.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^Sweater and jacket time hahaa.

JOA

Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
12098RedWingsWeb.jpg

Anyone know the model RW's those are?

JonB27

Reaction score
s'posed to drop to high 50s this coming week in LA...thermal underwear time!!

haha, seriously 50's seems extremely cold out here.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by celery
Some people block out their face because they want to retain a certain level of anonymity; however, you have shown your face multiple time, so that can't be the reason you blocked it out. Other people who usually show their face sometimes block out their face because it was a bad picture and they probably looked marsupialed in it. BUT, in your case, I firmly believe that you were caught smiling and had to hide the evidence! Don't like LK, you smiled . . . admit it!
The acorn adds a level of Post-Modernist Magritness.
Originally Posted by zissou
I think those cufflinks are disgusting.
Originally Posted by zissou
I agree with you, but the idea of wearing tiger's claws as some sort of fashion statement is what disgusts me. Don't get me wrong- I understand the functionality and historic (and sometimes modern) necessity of wearing fur, or leather, or, hell, even whale teeth. But tiger's claws? I wasn't getting upset about it, just simply stating my opinion as everyone else here does. Yes, I realize it's all vintage, but the idea of wearing something like tiger claws to look beautiful is what's lead to the species being endangered (and damn near extinction) in the first place. I'd wager that the original symbolism of wearing those cufflinks was a sad attempt to bestow some of the grandeur, strength, etc, of the tiger upon the wearer. How sad- much like the people who eat tiger penis soup to this day.
Originally Posted by Black Cherry
Is the shirt pattern supposed to resemble the star of David? Also holy **** tiger claw cufflinks.
To give a proper context for those cufflinks, they are from the era of the British Raj, probably made for some colonial officer who had killed the beast and wanted a souvenir. Also, tiger-claws are regarded as auspicious symbols in traditional India, which I suppose the colonial Britons sort of pseudo-adopted onto themselves. The shirt is some '70s-esque design; it's a silk Gucci. ----- Zissou, are you a fan of Wes Anderson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads