• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
What do you think? Top hat? Max Headroom glasses? Buxom beauties?

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
xchen/hossoso/jennylewis... how do you suggest I zazz it up?

I agree with your original assessment about the shirt. I don't like the fit/cut that much with the denim. The chambray you mentioned may fit the bill. It just looks a bit like a Canadian tuxedo. Not too bad, just a little bland. What shoes? Plimsoles or vintage (Nettletons? J&M?) brown lace-ups?

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
The way it has to go is that somebody tells you to buy an AA hoodie, you tell them to **** off, then you buy a $150 hoodie at Nordstroms, decide it sucks, then buy the AA hoodie. You can't do it first.
While it does seem slightly insane to me that a 19-y/o is walking around in Diors and patent CPs, I can't front on that ****-- it looks good. People are inherently wary of him because his style evolution has been so accelerated that it took him months to accomplish what it took others years to (the fact that money apparently isn't an issue doesn't hurt, either.) People are suspicious of others who come up too fast, it is natural to assume they haven't had time to absorb the fundamentals, and they'll end up like the kid who cleans up on high-IQ bowl when he's 8, but then finds himself unable to negotiate adult life because his parents and teachers just assumed he'd be able to. Kodiak's aquisitions are impressive, if not exactly inspired, and it is precisely by dint of their de rigeur nature that they're not going to get any love from people who secretly yearn to school the internetz with their wildly inventive, next-level My Own Private Or Yehuda steez. There is a certain joy to being a lowcash, where you're driven by this magpie impulse of gathering things from the mid-level designer to the Target level, but combining them in a way that you just absolutely make them your own. When everything is expensive and designer, and comes factory-issue bearing the imprimpteur of high fashion, it immediately becomes to some degree "safe", and for me at least, there's no longer that thrill of discovery. But when I see something like Brian SD's last fit, I see that there are things high fashion can accomplish that more modest means never could. Sometimes indie movies are good, and sometimes Hollywood blockbusters are good, but you can't go trying to make a Hollywood blockbuster on an indie movie budget. Incidentally, the W+H hoodie was not flattering to his body type, so he exercised good judgement in reselling it.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Wow, I never meant to hurt anyone. You don't seem to be taking this well at all. I guess I was just thinking about myself...again. I'll go back to blowing someone else's mind right away. By the morning it will all just be a bad memory.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This hate on Kodiak is plain dumb, this is a STYLE forum and clothes that are nice cost. Should he go to JC Penneys and dress in South Pole and Arizona? Saying it is too much money for a teen is also incorrect, to say that he should spend money on other things: dates perhaps, hobbies, savings, etc is also rather wrong. What if clothes make him happy, what if he has money to spare? For me clothes make me happy, and I would rather have fine clothes and have to sacrifice going out with friends/dates than having inferior clothes.

iLLmAtiCiAn

Reaction score
Being a teenager, I try to split the costs and budget. If I didn't have money to take a girl out on a date because I had spent an entire paycheck on clothes without keeping any left over, I would feel like ****. Clothes are important, but so is life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads