• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart

Reminds me of the art discussions we always had in art school, about minimalist paintings. At the end of the day, what you see is what you get. ....Too much mental masturbation turns one blind.

Agnes Martin will eat you alive.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I'll give you some free clothes if you come and take detail shots of my closets.

Are you serious? I'm serious. I could do this.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
When Fade to Black comes, the drama flows.
btw...your sig asked for it, so whether it means anything or not is up to you, but.... i think your outfits, your style, presence, everything you visually depict about yourself is boring, nerdy, charmless, awkward and absolutely unworthy of any sort of merit. I remember you attempting to throw a few uninformed opinions on various aspects of my outfits that I did not directly respond to, but I couldn't help but laugh when I read it. I mean westside was right when he said this board was old and boring, but damn you take the word BORING to a whole nother fuckin level my man. Props. If you expect to "learn" style through something as narrowly filtered as Styleforum, let alone the internet...then, I got nothin else to say to you buddy.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
btw...your sig asked for it, so whether it means anything or not is up to you, but....

i think your outfits, your style, presence, everything you visually depict about yourself is boring, nerdy, charmless, awkward and absolutely unworthy of any sort of merit. I remember you attempting to throw a few uninformed opinions on various aspects of my outfits that I did not directly respond to, but I couldn't help but laugh when I read it. I mean westside was right when he said this board was old and boring, but damn you take the word BORING to a whole nother fuckin level my man. Props.

If you expect to "learn" style through something as narrowly filtered as Styleforum, let alone the internet...then, I got nothin else to say to you buddy.

I have always appreciated that you follow directions.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Hey is this SuperFuture??

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nah it's StyleFuture.

anyway thanks for the entertainment tonight folks...

Same Truman time, same Truman channel?

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EdenResident
So what makes you different from someone who actually wears a Hanes tee, trackpants and Chucks?
If you really need an answer I think you should try a different forum.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Rye GB, defender of the fashion forward"

haha...i still remember that line

but yeah...i don't think it's that guy who needs to try a different forum.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey ladies, more pics. I do find the exchange interesting. My opinion falls somewhere between Rye and F2B's point of view and Jason's.

As to SoCal's ensemble, I think that the color of the coat alone differentiates it from a Gap outfit. I like the Tim Hamilton washed leather jacket in that color, and if someone wishes to send me one in a medium or Eu48, please feel free. Plus, irl, that is pretty decent layering (my thing, even in summer, and in 90+ weather, that is suffering for personal style);

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
WOW....LOOK WHO'S HERE!

Originally Posted by Fade to Black
"Rye GB, defender of the fashion forward"

haha...i still remember that line

but yeah...i don't think it's that guy who needs to try a different forum.

smile.gif
I just had a good read through the last 4 pages before heading into work. There's a handful of ignorant statements I wish I had time to comment upon, but it's just not worth it. Most of the posters in question I've never heard of so perhaps this was just a freak infiltration of losers that can't get to grips with $100+ outfits, baggy trousers and delogo'd knitwear.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this harkens back to something discussed on Sufu. isn't the point of waywt to show what you're wearing that particular day. i don't see why it has to be the greatest fit ever everyday. i'd rather people post what they're truly wearing as opposed to playing dress up in their closet and posting that.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey kunk could you pls PM me your e-mail, needed to ask you something on Facebook yesterday but you were not around to respond...thx

Hummingbird

Reaction score
I think SoCal's latest was pretty damn cool. The difference there was that the pieces looked remarkable and different from what the average joe is wearing. I hope that SoCal works on his casual schlepping garb then...

F2B's points about "the trained eye" are irrelevant and too philosophical. ("Oooh, look mommy his undershirt is by Jil Sander, I can tell by the the hem at the neckline! or Ooh that's a Tim Hamilton piece that cost $3,000 last season, I'm so impressed!)

Here's the thing, if one is going to spend a lot of money on clothes, the intent should be to be both stylish and beautiful. Yes, a t-shirt is a t-shirt, but a t-shirt can be beautiful, too. If a designer is producing something that is aesthetically delinquent, then why buy it just because you like the designer? These guys are just as cynical and out for your money as the next businessman, and I seriously doubt that Yohji himself is sewing or even designing your T-shirt that you purchased for $240.00. Ultimately it is your decision whether or not the piece is lovely and worthy of merit, but do not be blinded by brand allegiance and be aware that your taste might be off that day. Human conceptions of beauty are far more universal than you'd like to think (note the consistent rounds of applause for Berlin Report or GetSmart).

Posters here can sometimes fall under criticism, and sometimes under great acclaim, but that's part of the fun, right? SoCal might like those 90s jeans or giant blue coat, but he should be wary of consensus as his fashion snob friends might shudder at him when he appears in public ; )

*edit* as LaGuy pointed out, I'll at least give him credit for that coat's color!

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
The average folk I know probably wouldn't call braid "well dressed"--only the people who know how much he paid for his boots and can appreciate how well his jeans fit (i.e., the people on this forum) would say that. Now, if braid put on some ill-fitting khakis, square-toed shoes, a striped dress-shirt and a tie of any variety--then he might get deemed "well dressed" by the 99% you speak of.

I disagree, I think braid kid has pretty well done fits, that anyone can appreciate. From Corny White Girls to goth ninjaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads