• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its a bit old but I finally got around to finishing "The World Ends With You" on the DS. It was a good game, plenty of hours of play and engaging story. Now to get all the special items and ****.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I have my copy of LittleBigPlanet sitting here at my desk, along with the new Castlevania (Order of Ecclesia). **** I hate being at work until 11pm
frown.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
its a bit old but I finally got around to finishing "The World Ends With You" on the DS. It was a good game, plenty of hours of play and engaging story. Now to get all the special items and ****.
Srsly? I dl'd it because it got all these high scores in reviews, but it's a boring and unengaging game for me. I'm tired of the same old angsty-teen shtick which Japan thinks passes for character development, I can't stand scrolling through the dialogue and there is no choice of anything in the game, you just follow it and you'll like it that way goddamnit BECAUSE YOU'RE PLAYING A JAPANESE RPG. So, my opinion varies, but I haven't found almost any game on the DS that could hold my attention except for the Castlevania games and Elite beat agents 2. I don't have the time or attention to care about a story in a handheld game anymore.
frown.gif
edit: thanks Brian, I just grabbed the new Castlevania game on your mention ^^

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eason, I heard Professor Layton is a good little puzzle game. Zelda DS also has a light, easygoing story and solid gameplay (if you're into the Zelda-type games). New Mario is also a great platformer, but a bit easy.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fallout III is out tomorrow. Do yourselves a favor and get it.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Fallout III is out tomorrow. Do yourselves a favor and get it.

I hope they have more than four voice actors this time around. Either way, I'll be renting just to see what the fuss is about.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Srsly? I dl'd it because it got all these high scores in reviews, but it's a boring and unengaging game for me. I'm tired of the same old angsty-teen shtick which Japan thinks passes for character development, I can't stand scrolling through the dialogue and there is no choice of anything in the game, you just follow it and you'll like it that way goddamnit BECAUSE YOU'RE PLAYING A JAPANESE RPG.

So, my opinion varies, but I haven't found almost any game on the DS that could hold my attention except for the Castlevania games and Elite beat agents 2. I don't have the time or attention to care about a story in a handheld game anymore.
frown.gif

edit: thanks Brian, I just grabbed the new Castlevania game on your mention ^^

I think that you really have to get into the game, like towards the second chapter, before the story matters. Ill admit that at the beginning I was just rippin through the text because I didnt give a ****. The thing that pissed me off the most was how some of the attacks were next to impossible to do properly or the instructions were totally ambiguous.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I really liked TWEWY. It's a rare instance of Square being creative.

LittleBigPlanet is as charming as it gets. I want to do some planet hopping with other SF members at some point. Anyone else buy/order LBP?

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I really liked TWEWY. It's a rare instance of Square being creative.

LittleBigPlanet is as charming as it gets. I want to do some planet hopping with other SF members at some point. Anyone else buy/order LBP?

I'm going to get it eventually.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't played a game in ages but I think I have to pick up Fallout today. I just found my old Fallout 1 and 2 games earlier this summer in a box in the garage and was able to sell them for $40 nearly 10 years later, not a bad ROI!

Odd Morsel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Fable II is fantastic.

This game is a blast! In the spent the first few hours, I've hardly touched the main storyline. So far, I've bought a fish stand, married a small-town country girl, had unprotected sex with her, gone treasure-hunting with my pooch, danced for the locals, had every woman and a few men fall in love with me, engaged in the exciting worlds of blacksmithing and woodcutting, broken into homes, stolen porcelain dolls from little girls' dressers, and done community service for my crimes. Too good
bounce2.gif

I've got LittleBIGPlanet and Fallout on pre-order, too. LBP is getting cracked open immediately, and Fallout may have to wait until I've finished Fable.

captainmo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Odd Morsel
This game is a blast! In the spent the first few hours, I've hardly touched the main storyline. So far, I've bought a fish stand, married a small-town country girl, had unprotected sex with her, gone treasure-hunting with my pooch, danced for the locals, had every woman and a few men fall in love with me, engaged in the exciting worlds of blacksmithing and woodcutting, broken into homes, stolen porcelain dolls from little girls' dressers, and done community service for my crimes. Too good
bounce2.gif
I've got LittleBIGPlanet and Fallout on pre-order, too. LBP is getting cracked open immediately, and Fallout may have to wait until I've finished Fable.

In Fable 2 I had two wives (in different cities) and an infant son with one of them. I decided to have the childless one follow me to my house with the other wife and kid, mainly just to see their reactions. They both got angry and nearly divorced me, but I sweet talked them back to loving me. I decided I only needed one wife, and liked the childless one more, so I had her wait inside and took the other outside to kill her. I was hoping to have the remaining wife take care of my kid, but as soon as I offed the mother I got a message that child services took my kid. When my other wife wouldn't ******** with me (I didn't have the 'come back to my place expression,' but my other wife had sex without it), I killed her too. I remarried later and had another kid. I wanted to get some random action so I brought another woman back to my house (once I had 'come back to my place') where the wife and kid were. The wife wasn't too happy so see a random woman in our marital home, but I guess she didn't care too much...apparently I had a 3 some. That wife ended up divorcing me when I was gone adventuring for too long. Women.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the parts for my new PC should be coming tomorrow in which case I'll be building it tomorrow night after work. Gonna catch up on the PC games I've missed, including Crysis and Far Cry 2. Probably lots of others as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics