• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Biggest Turn-Off

hadamulletonce

Reaction score
Poor restaurant etiquette. I'm not referring to elbows on the table or using the correct salad fork. I'm talking about dining with someone who, on the surface appears to be very pleasant and friendly but is condescending, rude and unreasonable with the server.

To me, it's not only a sign of bad character but also poor judgement. Why would you insult or condescend a person with full access to your food.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hadamulletonce
Poor restaurant etiquette. I'm not referring to elbows on the table or using the correct salad fork. I'm talking about dining with someone who, on the surface appears to be very pleasant and friendly but is condescending, rude and unreasonable with the server. .

+1
I'm with you on this one. I think some people think that they will look 'refined and uncompromising' by being an asshole to the server, but they just come across as an asshole. Or, if it is a normal/non-fancy restaurant, when somebody tries to score points by becoming "Obnoxious Wine Snob" to a server who is just trying to bring you your food and drinks.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stamp0102
Hmmmm, where to start. 1) Talking too much about nothing 2) All into themselves, or complete lack of respect for themselves 3) Secrets/giggling with friends (What are you, a 5 y/o?) 4) Lack of common sense (and no desire to ask for help) 5) Complete insecurity with themselves
Seeing that you just described the entire gender, I'm assuming you're gay or throughly miserable - and I don't blame you

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Seeing that you just described the entire gender, I'm assuming you're gay or throughly miserable - and I don't blame you

Sadly, Magician my friend, the grass ain't any greener on this side of the fence, either.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Sadly, Magician my friend, the grass ain't any greener on this side of the fence, either.

hHaha yeah. As I typed that I realized as much as I want to blame the ladies - it's just human nature, gender neutral.

Every time I end up really hating the fairer sex, I realize we're just as bad if not worse....

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
hHaha yeah. As I typed that I realized as much as I want to blame the ladies - it's just human nature, gender neutral. Every time I end up really hating the fairer sex, I realize we're just as bad if not worse....
Exactly. In many cases, I think we're even worse, because men have the same problems but take them to a whole new level of stupidity: For example: 1) Talking too much about nothing... and pretending you are an expert at that nothing. 2) All into themselves, or complete lack of respect for themselves... and try to compensate by acting completely oblivious to what an asshole you look like. 3) Secrets/giggling with friends (What are you, a 5 y/o?)... with lots of gestures, handshakes/high-fives, and noises resembling bodily functions. 4) Lack of common sense (and no desire to ask for help)... and willing to "take it outside" if anybody points it out too clearly. 5) Complete insecurity with themselves... but twisted around to appear as totally "secure" arrogance and shallowness.

stamp0102

Reaction score

Nope, not gay. I just try to find the female that exhibits my turnoffs to the least extent. What is still present, I either choose to ignore (using the "no one is perfect" attitude) or I eventually break up with them for it.

literally ROFL!!!
lol8[1].gif

Exactly. In many cases, I think we're even worse, because men have the same problems but take them to a whole new level of stupidity:

For example:
1) Talking too much about nothing... and pretending you are an expert at that nothing. yup, I do that
2) All into themselves, or complete lack of respect for themselves... and try to compensate by acting completely oblivious to what an asshole you look like. only a little bit
3) Secrets/giggling with friends (What are you, a 5 y/o?)... with lots of gestures, handshakes/high-fives, and noises resembling bodily functions. ****, u know me?
4) Lack of common sense (and no desire to ask for help)... and willing to "take it outside" if anybody points it out too clearly. never...i always admit defeat...if i don't know something, i make sure everyone is aware...however rare that may be
5) Complete insecurity with themselves... but twisted around to appear as totally "secure" arrogance and shallowness. eh, im pretty secure most of the time

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly. In many cases, I think we're even worse, because men have the same problems but take them to a whole new level of stupidity: For example: 1) Talking too much about nothing... and pretending you are an expert at that nothing. 2) All into themselves, or complete lack of respect for themselves... and try to compensate by acting completely oblivious to what an asshole you look like. 3) Secrets/giggling with friends (What are you, a 5 y/o?)... with lots of gestures, handshakes/high-fives, and noises resembling bodily functions. 4) Lack of common sense (and no desire to ask for help)... and willing to "take it outside" if anybody points it out too clearly. 5) Complete insecurity with themselves... but twisted around to appear as totally "secure" arrogance and shallowness.
That was well reversed and very accurate. For the distaff side, I vote for vapidity and flipflops. ~H

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crooked teeth, bumpy nose, weak chin.
I can live with (almost) everything else.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love that half the people posting's "biggest turn off" has to do with the girl's face.

XeF4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
I love that half the people posting's "biggest turn off" has to do with the girl's face.
A woman's looks don't affect your attraction to her?

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty

I'm equal opportunity - bad teeth bug me in both men and women.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads