Biggest Turn-Off

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gravitas, Sep 28, 2008.

1. hadamulletonce

hadamulletonce Senior member

Poor restaurant etiquette. I'm not referring to elbows on the table or using the correct salad fork. I'm talking about dining with someone who, on the surface appears to be very pleasant and friendly but is condescending, rude and unreasonable with the server.

To me, it's not only a sign of bad character but also poor judgement. Why would you insult or condescend a person with full access to your food.

2. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Poor restaurant etiquette. I'm not referring to elbows on the table or using the correct salad fork. I'm talking about dining with someone who, on the surface appears to be very pleasant and friendly but is condescending, rude and unreasonable with the server. .

+1
    I'm with you on this one. I think some people think that they will look 'refined and uncompromising' by being an asshole to the server, but they just come across as an asshole. Or, if it is a normal/non-fancy restaurant, when somebody tries to score points by becoming "Obnoxious Wine Snob" to a server who is just trying to bring you your food and drinks.

3. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Hmmmm, where to start. 1) Talking too much about nothing 2) All into themselves, or complete lack of respect for themselves 3) Secrets/giggling with friends (What are you, a 5 y/o?) 4) Lack of common sense (and no desire to ask for help) 5) Complete insecurity with themselves
    Seeing that you just described the entire gender, I'm assuming you're gay or throughly miserable - and I don't blame you

4. rach2jlc

Seeing that you just described the entire gender, I'm assuming you're gay or throughly miserable - and I don't blame you

Sadly, Magician my friend, the grass ain't any greener on this side of the fence, either.

5. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Sadly, Magician my friend, the grass ain't any greener on this side of the fence, either.

hHaha yeah. As I typed that I realized as much as I want to blame the ladies - it's just human nature, gender neutral.

Every time I end up really hating the fairer sex, I realize we're just as bad if not worse....

6. rach2jlc

hHaha yeah. As I typed that I realized as much as I want to blame the ladies - it's just human nature, gender neutral. Every time I end up really hating the fairer sex, I realize we're just as bad if not worse....
    Exactly. In many cases, I think we're even worse, because men have the same problems but take them to a whole new level of stupidity: For example: 1) Talking too much about nothing... and pretending you are an expert at that nothing. 2) All into themselves, or complete lack of respect for themselves... and try to compensate by acting completely oblivious to what an asshole you look like. 3) Secrets/giggling with friends (What are you, a 5 y/o?)... with lots of gestures, handshakes/high-fives, and noises resembling bodily functions. 4) Lack of common sense (and no desire to ask for help)... and willing to "take it outside" if anybody points it out too clearly. 5) Complete insecurity with themselves... but twisted around to appear as totally "secure" arrogance and shallowness.

7. stamp0102

stamp0102 Senior member

Nope, not gay. I just try to find the female that exhibits my turnoffs to the least extent. What is still present, I either choose to ignore (using the "no one is perfect" attitude) or I eventually break up with them for it.

literally ROFL!!! [​IMG]

Exactly. In many cases, I think we're even worse, because men have the same problems but take them to a whole new level of stupidity:

For example:
    1) Talking too much about nothing... and pretending you are an expert at that nothing. yup, I do that
    2) All into themselves, or complete lack of respect for themselves... and try to compensate by acting completely oblivious to what an asshole you look like. only a little bit
    3) Secrets/giggling with friends (What are you, a 5 y/o?)... with lots of gestures, handshakes/high-fives, and noises resembling bodily functions. fuck, u know me?
    4) Lack of common sense (and no desire to ask for help)... and willing to "take it outside" if anybody points it out too clearly. never...i always admit defeat...if i don't know something, i make sure everyone is aware...however rare that may be
    5) Complete insecurity with themselves... but twisted around to appear as totally "secure" arrogance and shallowness. eh, im pretty secure most of the time

8. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Exactly. In many cases, I think we're even worse, because men have the same problems but take them to a whole new level of stupidity: For example: 1) Talking too much about nothing... and pretending you are an expert at that nothing. 2) All into themselves, or complete lack of respect for themselves... and try to compensate by acting completely oblivious to what an asshole you look like. 3) Secrets/giggling with friends (What are you, a 5 y/o?)... with lots of gestures, handshakes/high-fives, and noises resembling bodily functions. 4) Lack of common sense (and no desire to ask for help)... and willing to "take it outside" if anybody points it out too clearly. 5) Complete insecurity with themselves... but twisted around to appear as totally "secure" arrogance and shallowness.
    That was well reversed and very accurate. For the distaff side, I vote for vapidity and flipflops. ~H

9. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Crooked teeth, bumpy nose, weak chin.
    I can live with (almost) everything else.

10. dusty

dusty Senior member

I love that half the people posting's "biggest turn off" has to do with the girl's face.

11. XeF4

XeF4 Senior member

I love that half the people posting's "biggest turn off" has to do with the girl's face.
    A woman's looks don't affect your attraction to her?

12. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

I'm equal opportunity - bad teeth bug me in both men and women.

13. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

smoking (tobacco)

14. dusty

dusty Senior member

A woman's looks don't affect your attraction to her?

Of course they do, but that's not the OP's question.

15. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

gummy horsey smiles

Also known as the Full Meg Ryan.