• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I was mugged at 9.05 Sunday morning Vietnam time (20 minutes before starting thread)

juicemakesugar

Reaction score
I was waiting at a bus stop when I noticed a Samoan/Pacific Islander type young man in his early 20's circle the area when he finally came up to me and asked if he could have $2. I told him no. He told me to empty my pockets, which I refused at first but I complied just to play with his game. I had about $25 in my left rear pocket but I only showed him my cell phone and keys; the rest of my pockets were empty. He threatened me with violence because he didn't believe that I didn't have any cabbage on me. I told him I was walking away and got about two yards when all of a sudden I felt a hard shot to the back of my head. Now I've never been in a fight before or mugged despite living in an area reputed as the most dangerous place in Central Honolulu. This debacle took place somewhere five times safer than my hood. After realizing I had been hit, I turned around and told him to leave me alone. Two shots to left side of my mouth. Then another to the right side of my head, rocking my jaw. To my suprise, I didn't want to fight the guy. In the middle of the punching, I was relieved that the guy hadn't knocked me out out. I felt sorry for him yet at the same time I wanted to kill the dirty bastard. I threw my cash at him then walked away, defeated. I didn't want him to ruin my face, that's how I make my living and I didn't want to kill him...to have his parents grieve his death. Part of me says I deserve it. I didn't believe in karma until now...like I had a punch or a couple of them coming my way but no one never had the chance to do it.

Question: Should I call the police? Should I exact revenge and how?

I expect the occasional witty answer so please don't hold back.

P.S. I'm glad I didn't have my Jack Spade bag because he would've wanted to look through there BUT I also had a wine opener/pocket knife combo in there to surprise him but then again I didn't want to kill the guy.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. You did the right thing, but I probably would have backed away.. seeing your back may have given him the courage to hit you.. Hit the freezer for a steak for the shiner and yeah, call the cops and report the shitbag.. 1 in 1000 chance they will get him, but it will make you feel better.. Next thing you know, the Dog will be busting his ass and giving him some tough love on the way to the jail..

juicemakesugar

Reaction score
LOL!...I don't know if the people of Hawaii are OK with the Dog ever since his racist tirade made the news. Unfortunately some of my neighbors on the island are still prejudiced against the white man and for what I don't know but he was one that was praised by almost everyone here racist and otherwise. I haven't checked out his new season but I don't hate the guy.

As far as the douchebag who gave me the partially swollen mouth is concerned, I haven't decided between getting revenge myself or calling the police.

At least I know I can take four punches and not "sleep" or "fall where I stand" as the slimy motherfucker put it. Motherfucker with his blue xxl shirt, ripped up jean shorts, slippers (or as my mainland brothas know them as flip flops) and soiled Laurence of Arabia type headgear.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait-

You are physically assaulted 20 minutes ago and the first thing you do is come to a website and ask what to do?

Police. Immediately. That guy could be doing much worse to somebody right now.

cloud.gif

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by juicemakesugar
As far as the douchebag who gave me the partially swollen mouth is concerned, I haven't decided between getting revenge myself or calling the police.
Could you find him again?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Wait-

You are physically assaulted 20 minutes ago and the first thing you do is come to a website and ask what to do?

Police. Immediately. That guy could be doing much worse to somebody right now.

cloud.gif

+1. Call the police.

playdohh22

Reaction score

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This story sucks. Glad youz aight.

One of my worst fears is having my purse snatched.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Police, please. You never know - this guy may do something more tonight. With the police aware that someone like this is robbing people, they may notice him elsewhere.

As far as the hits; don't worry too much about it. A lot of people are kinda shocked that someone out of the blue wants to hit them. So much so they don't react other than to be annoyed.

Fortuneately for you, he couldn't hit worth ****. He was probably a bit angry that you didn't fall down and crumble like the characters in Grand Theft Auto. Rest easy knowing that he's seriously doubting his fighting prowess right now.

You may find yourself really mad in the next 12-24 hours. Its normal. Don't tie yourself up with ideas of getting revenge or finding him. Not serious happened to you and now you'll be on guard whenever someone starts showing the signs of casing you out.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
+1. Call the police.

^^^ Best advice. I would have done horrible, unspeakable things to that person and disposed of them somewhere tasteful. That is all about surprise though.

juicemakesugar

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. I have already done something something positive about the situation so expect an update in the future.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics